Apple Reveals iOS 8.3, Ignores Ongoing Problems.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm still having a problem with my iPhone 6 Plus freezing since the 8.1.3 update. Before the update, it was fine. Now it freezes a lot. I have to hit the power button to turn the screen off then on to get the screen to become responsive again. It has become very annoying. So I'm awaiting the next update so that this issue is resolved. I've never had an issue with an Apple product until now. It's not a huge issue, but it is irritating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I did do it OTA. After having already downloaded the OS to the phone, how do I go back to refresh it through iTunes?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Just one question though, so this is basically doing the same as erasing the phone back to factory settings that I have done on the phone already. Why is this process different if it is supposed to achieve the same thing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link. Just one question though, so this is basically doing the same as erasing the phone back to factory settings that I have done on the phone already. Why is this process different if it is supposed to achieve the same thing?

You may have a corrupted iOS installation. I recommend you locate the .ipsw file on your computer and then delete it because if you don't, and then do a restore via iTunes, all you will be doing is erasing all contents and settings. By deleting the .ipsw file, you will cause iTunes to download and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version. Set it up as new afterwards.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
You may have a corrupted iOS installation. I recommend you locate the .ipsw file on your computer and then delete it because if you don't, and then do a restore via iTunes, all you will be doing is erasing all contents and settings. By deleting the .ipsw file, you will cause iTunes to download and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version. Set it up as new afterwards.

Thanks. I will try this. Hopefully it works. Like I said, I have never had an issue with any Apple products so I would hate to have to start now. But we will see. If this works, you guys are a lifesaver because it was getting really annoying.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I did the restore through iTunes. I'm not sure if it corrected the problem. It did freeze up on me once. But it hasn't happened again since. We will see. I'm not sure what the issue is really. Again, it didn't do that prior to the update.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did the restore through iTunes. I'm not sure if it corrected the problem. It did freeze up on me once. But it hasn't happened again since. We will see. I'm not sure what the issue is really. Again, it didn't do that prior to the update.

Did you locate and delete the ipsw file prior to restoring?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have to. The computer I used was a new one that didn't have itunes or any files downloaded to it. So I had to download everything for the first time. Do you think that this was ok to do?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We will see. Like I said, I have only had one freeze up since. BTW, thanks for your help.

Anytime, my friend. I'm just sitting here trying to focus on the forums, but I'm tired and sleepy...:).... It was somewhat of a hectic day at work today. Anyway, let us know if you run into problems. Take care.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 on the 8.3 beta, and a Mac Mini on Yosemite. Today is the first day since installing the 8.3 beta that I have tried to make a call from my Mac. I keep getting "try again", and if I have an incoming call and try to answer it on the Mac, I get "call failed". Anyone else experience this, or have any suggestions? BTW, my settings are all set correctly.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
So, I had to take my phone to the Apple Store and get my phone replaced. The new phone seems to work great thus far. So I am happy again. Thanks all for the help.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it is, but who's to blame - Apple or LG? I've never owned a Bluetooth headset from LG, but my Motorola Buds and my Jawbone Icon work flawlessly with iOS, even before iOS 8.

I do have the lg pro's and have had them for 3 months and haven't had a single issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I will try this. Hopefully it works. Like I said, I have never had an issue with any Apple products so I would hate to have to start now. But we will see. If this works, you guys are a lifesaver because it was getting really annoying.

Or just take it to a Apple Store and have them look it over and possibly get a replacement device.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Did they replace it for you? That's the perks of owning a apple product they have top notch CS!

They did replace it for me. They did some trouble shooting, but couldn't get it to work properly so they just switched it out right there. Customer service at Apple is top-notch. No complaints here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods