iOS 8.1.3 is out now. Post feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It may be a problem since I don't have an apple store anywhere close. I think it maybe due to the software because it was working fine on ios 8.1.2. I'm going to try and restore it again and see.

Okay great! It may be possible that your current iOS installation is corrupt. It happens. Having said that, make an iCloud and an iTunes backup of your current setup. Afterwards, locate the ipsw file in your computer and then delete it. Put your iPhone in DFU mode, and then when iTunes recognizes it in recovery, select to restore and update it. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet with decent speeds. After the process of downloading and reinstalling a fresh copy of iOS is complete, set up the device as new. Test out your location services feature using the native Weather app. If it works, great!

Severus111

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
My settings app crashes whenever I try to go into settings/wallpapers/stills on my iPhone 6 plus.
Anyone else having this issue? Any idea how to fix this? Hard reboot didn't fix it.

bluefreak25

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I upgrade the 8.1.3 this weekend and every since I have. I connect connect to WIFI and Bluetooth and my battery life is terrible... HATE IT WANT TO TAKE IT OFF MY PHONE

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What does the Battery Usage indicate for which apps are using the most battery?
It's misleading. It shows which apps you use the most. It doesn't necessarily mean they are battery hogs. I don't like that feature because many think the apps listed are hogs. It does show where you might cut back to save battery.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It's misleading. It shows which apps you use the most. It doesn't necessarily mean they are battery hogs. I don't like that feature because many think the apps listed are hogs. It does show where you might cut back to save battery.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Not only is it misleading but I think it's pretty unfair to developers.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I think I follow your point on the potentially misleading aspect. If someone uses Facebook all day, then by extension Facebook app should show up as a relatively high battery usage %. Same for Home & Lock Screen since to use an app, you have to access the Home Screen.

The Battery Usage screen has helper text that says "Shows proportion of battery used by each app when iPhone is not charging." So perhaps as an example, if someone doesn't realize that they are using Facebook all day, then there could be surprise to see Facebook app listed high up in the list.

Battery Usage for an app is not a bad thing, since the only normal way for an app to use battery is to use the app. Now if an app shows up in the list that has not been used, or used infrequently but has a proportionally high % usage - then I think that's a reason for concern.

Before the Battery Usage feature came out, we were left to more or less guess if there was a rouge app taking up excessive battery. I caught few apps doing this only because they were leaving crash logs. I was able to deduce after a few times that when a particular app (native Mail app on iOS 7.x) crashed, it wouldn't let go of the CPU (per the logs), and in turn took battery life with it.

I'm glad the Battery Usage feature is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.