iOS 8.1.3 is out now. Post feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Is a "restore as new" necessary after updating?

No, as long as your device is ruining fine or if you feel like "cleaning up" the install you just did.

If you do wind up with little issues, you can do a back up, then restore as new and then reload your back up.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
No, as long as your device is ruining fine or if you feel like "cleaning up" the install you just did.

If you do wind up with little issues, you can do a back up, then restore as new and then reload your back up.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

Thank you Pink.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
On one of the updates for 8.x.x updating OTA required that much free space.

Very strange, as as I said, I only needed more than 1GB free for a major-version update. My iPhone is only a 16GB model (with iOS8 that leaves me with only about 12GB of user storage), for me to have more than 1.5 GB free at any time is an oddity.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just started this updated and I am hoping this fixes me losing my signal every five effing minutes.

My 6 never did it til 8.1.2 and since that update I lose signal constantly. If I don't leave wifi on, which I never normally do, I won't have any sort of lifeline.

If it doesn't fix it, I guess I'll be heading in to the Apple Store

rpac78

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Update went fine for me. I didn't notice my phone responding quicker but I did see that Swift Key isn't as buggy as it once was. I was hoping there would be a fix for the volume problem with my LG HBS-750 bluetooth headset but alas, it's still the same.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I just wished Swiftkey would work in swype mode on the iPad instead of one letter at a time, come on Swiftkey. Works fine on iPhone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't having any issues before and I am not having any issues now so I it was a good update for me. The screen rotation may be a tad snappier on my 6 Plus, but I never had an issue with it before. All good stuff.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here, although you got lucky with just a 45 minute download. Yesterday afternoon (4pm ish) mine took over an hour, but once it was done it loaded fast onto the iPad. Right after it was done I hooked mine and then hubby's phone up, and a total of 10/15 minutes overall and they were both done. Very weird !

So far everything is fine as expected.

I didn't time mine, but it was about 12 to 15 minutes OTA.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Did OTA for both my iPad Air and 6 plus. Will take care of my 6 later tonight. No issues so far.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Just started this updated and I am hoping this fixes me losing my signal every five effing minutes.

My 6 never did it til 8.1.2 and since that update I lose signal constantly. If I don't leave wifi on, which I never normally do, I won't have any sort of lifeline.

If it doesn't fix it, I guess I'll be heading in to the Apple Store

Did the update fix the issue?

antheauxny

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I really wish they would add a feature to disable your most recent images when you go to send a picture or video to someone in the messaging app. Does anybody know if there are any jailbreak tweaks that can do that? Lol.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I really wish they would add a feature to disable your most recent images when you go to send a picture or video to someone in the messaging app. Does anybody know if there are any jailbreak tweaks that can do that? Lol.

I actually researched that while I was jailbroken and didn't find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.