iOS 8.1.3 is out now. Post feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Silly question, but is a carried update mandatory? And did you update via iTunes or from your device?
I've done Carrier Update OTA and via iTunes... just depends on how/when it presents itself... and they're a good idea to do as discussed in that other thread on the topic you've posted on... :)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Silly question, but is a carried update mandatory? And did you update via iTunes or from your device?

Mandatory? I would say no. However if on Sprint or Verizon, it may include a PRL update, which tells the phone where new towers are and the like. As for GSM, similar concept. I just opened up iTunes and it told me.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Did update a few hours ago, so far so good, I did notice my third party charge cable seems to work now.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Mandatory? I would say no. However if on Sprint or Verizon, it may include a PRL update, which tells the phone where new towers are and the like. As for GSM, similar concept. I just opened up iTunes and it told me.
Here's why carrier settings updates might be a very good idea... not only might they include PRL updates... with Verizon supposedly rolling out VoLTE, the carrier settings updates will turn those functions on in compatible devices...

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I'll Have to check this out when I get home. I hope it does make the iOS a bit snappier on the 6 Plus like some of you say you have noticed. That would be nice :) Can anyone else confirm this (Mind you, I know it may be too early to tell but I figured I would ask).

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Still have the no shutter sound on first attempt at taking a picture on the 6 Plus.
Oh bummer, I was hoping that would get fixed :(

I hooked my iPad to iTunes and it said 4 hours remaining, say what?

So I cancelled and restarted and now it started at 18 mins - much better. :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm updating my 5th generation iPod touch as we speak. It's been going for awhile now, just over half an hour. I had to check twice because I got an error message when I originally checked for the update. I guess my boyfriend is updating his 5S as well since we were texting and then I suddenly didn't hear from him anymore after he thanked me for the info that there was an update. :p Update is nearly finished on my end.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Btw the jailbreak has been patched in this update.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
All done updating my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 via iTunes. No glitches but haven't noticed any difference yet.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR