Wipe iPhone without passcode?

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Happy Monday!

Wondering if someone has any experience here... a friend of mine works in IT for my company. iPhones are the phone of choice for company email, etc. They work great until an employee leaves and turns in their phone - with the passcode still enabled. These phones are used with an enterprise system and are technically owned by the company. The problem is that we can't access the phones without the passcode and even when in iTunes it says you have to click on "Trust this computer" on the device before you can sync or even access the device on iTunes. Again, without the passcode, there's no way to "trust" the computer.

Is there a way that you can wipe the phone and start it as new without the passcode in iOS 8?

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
From the get-go - You have employees sign on a dotted line that if they don't provide the lock code upon leaving the company, they owe the company the retail price of the phone.... if your company IT people did the right thing, they should have set the phones up so that they'd wipe after 10 tries of a passcode... enter the passcode wrong 10 times, the phone wipes itself... and then you should be able to use again... or, if the device can be seen via FindMyiPhone on a computer - remote wipe from Find...

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
From the get-go - You have employees sign on a dotted line that if they don't provide the lock code upon leaving the company, they owe the company the retail price of the phone.... if your company IT people did the right thing, they should have set the phones up so that they'd wipe after 10 tries of a passcode... enter the passcode wrong 10 times, the phone wipes itself... and then you should be able to use again... or, if the device can be seen via FindMyiPhone on a computer - remote wipe from Find...

Thanks for the post. I passed along your suggestion to the team!

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
If your mobile device situation is setup correctly, your phones are controlled by IT, not the user.

Your IT dept should be using something like MobileIron to manage their fleet of mobile devices.

I used to work the Help Desk at a Fortune 100 company, and that is the tool that was used to manage the iOS, Android and WinPhone mobile devices. With it, we had the ability to provision the device for the corporate infrastructure including automating the installation of security certs, configuring email, calendar and contact syncing with the Exchange server, installing the corporate WiFi profiles, enforcing a stronger security code, etc. It also allowed IT the ability to reset or remote wipe the devices even when locked.

"Trust This Computer" is meaningless here. All that does is enable/disable the ability to view the Camera Roll in the PC's file manager.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
OP have your IT department check into Good or Mobile Iron. They will assist in managing the mobile fleet.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro