Regarding contacts, Is there a way to select which account you want a contact stored in?

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I have 3 email accounts on my phone. One is work and the other two are personal. Is there a way to select which account you want a contact stored in or do they all have to be stored in iCloud? I'm new to iOS, btw.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: contacts question

If your referring to setting a default account you can go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendar and choose your default mailbox

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your help, but that's not what I mean. I want to be able to select where a new contact is stored once I've created it. My old phone allowed me to pick which email account I want to store the new contact in. Basically, I want new work contacts stored in my work account and my personal contacts to be created in my personal email accounts.

urkheh

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site

It seems that the only way is to select "Default Account" in settings each time you want to store new contact.
IMG_4478.PNG

BSUNesto

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
contacts question

I too have contacts in separate accounts, work and personal. My default is personal, but I enter more contacts into my work accounts than personal. Here's how it works:

1) open the contacts app.
2) top left corner, tap groups.
3) tap hide all
4) scroll and select the account you want to add the new contact to.
5) top right corner tap done.
6) top right corner tap the + symbol.
7) enter new contact info
8) tap done

If you enter a new contact using the phone app, it'll add to your default account. If you enter under the contacts app, it'll add to the account you selected.

Nerd

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice