Share Widget = quick compose from anywhere

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Been looking for a quick compose option and just installed the free Share Widget for iOS 8 and it provides a decent option. What I'd like is a button on my lock screen with lots of customization options. This widget requires you to swipe down the NC, then tap the message icon and then it brings up messages to create and send. It's a great option to avoid paying $8 for Messages+. If you have ISX u may not need this but ISX is no faster in time to create a message than this free option. Hope others find it useful.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I typed "Share Widget" in the search bar of the App Store, and did not see anything called "Share Widget". Screen shot?
Never mind. You're in the JB section. LOL

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

SlydWyz

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, MessageHeads is a really convenient alternative. It's still a little buggy, but getting better.

One feature I really like about it, if you turn the banner notification off, the message doesn't show. That's a feature of BiteSms that I liked a lot.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes. If I finish what I'm doing with the phone, I have to leave that app to go back to messages to use the quick reply feature in iOS8. Relying on that banner bugs me. If your finger is off by just a bit, it'll take you to the messages app instead of using the quick reply. I'd prefer not use that method as it's more of a hassle than a help.

So far, the MessageHeads are doing the job. I'd like to see them allow more than 4 or to place new messages in a non-stacked format. But, it's worlds ahead of the iOS8 method.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
This share options were always possible for years with Activator :|

Just assign an gesture or create a menu with the share option e.g. post to Facebook, compose a text message etc.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
This share options were always possible for years with Activator :|

Just assign an gesture or create a menu with the share option e.g. post to Facebook, compose a text message etc.

Helpful to know. Unfortunately, since iOS7 I've had problems using Activator with Virtual Home installed. I like Virtual Home very much but I do miss Activator. When I have Activator installed, Virtual Home's functions work intermittently and then Touch ID stops working altogether. A reinstall temporarily fixes the issue. Removing Activator permanently fixes the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods