How can I remove some data off of my phone to make room for the 8.1.1 update?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
8.1.1 updating

O.K., today i've installed 8.1.1 on my wife's 5S. I've run across two problems.
1-How do i get iTunes to open up when i plug in her iPhone? Right now, it's opening iPhoto.
2-She has waaay to many photos on her phone. I've downloaded Google Drive, to save phone space. How do i get her photos onto Drive?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:)

P.S. It's been a long time since i've owned an iPhone, and i've forgotten a lot.:(

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: 8.1.1 updating

Just exit iPhoto and manually open iTunes and install the update from there.

You'll need to look at the directions from within the app of Google Drive to upload those photos. I've never used Google Drive.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
She can download Box, Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos. You can create folders and subfolders and keep the photos organized. There should be a place on all those, including Google Drive to upload photos from the Photos app. No need for iTunes, unless you're backing up the phone. I back up to iCloud. Once she gets her photos uploaded to Google Drive or the other apps, she can delete them from the camera roll.
The cloud based photo storage apps are all a little different. I don't use Google Drive. I do use the others.
With Google Drive, tap the + in the top right corner. Then you have options. Tap Folder to create a folder. Tap Upload Photos to upload all the photos. You can choose which album to upload from. If you want to upload all the photos, then tap Camera roll.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Last edited:

The_colombian

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

Or you can let iPhoto open and use that to download the pictures.
What I use is Google +. It automatically backs up from my phone just like iCloud does but I have a 20gb limit. It's accessible from any device with Internet and it backs up photos and videos at same resolution.

April920

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

Inside Drive, go to my drive tap the plus at the top right and scroll down to upload. I use drive as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Inside Drive, go to my drive tap the plus at the top right and scroll down to upload. I use drive as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O.K., I'm doing this from the phone. I created a folder called "camera roll" within my drive. I see how to upload the photos to my drive, but how do i get the photos to go into the designated folder? Thanks for the help.:p

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

O.K., I'm doing this from the phone. I created a folder called "camera roll" within my drive. I see how to upload the photos to my drive, but how do i get the photos to go into the designated folder? Thanks for the help.:p

Open the designated folder you made while it's empty and start uploading from there.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Open the designated folder you made while it's empty and start uploading from there.

Cool, that did it. I just wish there was a way to designate all photos to a particular folder, without having to tap each one individually. Thanks again for your help.:p

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Cool, that did it. I just wish there was a way to designate all photos to a particular folder, without having to tap each one individually. Thanks again for your help.:p

That would be nice. I know that if you use Dropbox you'd have to do the same thing. But with Dropbox whenever photos are added to the Camera Roll they can be automatically be uploaded to Dropbox. I don't know if the Drive app does that auto-upload. My guess is that it does. But I'm sure I'll be corrected, if not.

April920

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site

That would be nice. I know that if you use Dropbox you'd have to do the same thing. But with Dropbox whenever photos are added to the Camera Roll they can be automatically be uploaded to Dropbox. I don't know if the Drive app does that auto-upload. My guess is that it does. But I'm sure I'll be corrected, if not.
I have dropbox as well. I think the auto feat is great. Just don't care for all my pics to be uploaded.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW