Why the heck do all pics get dumped in Camera Roll?!

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I know I can?t be the only one frustrated with how my Camera roll looks. Photos, screen shots, downloads all in one cluttered feed. I mean, prior to iPhone I was on webOS, and I loved how they sorted pics.

My camera roll only had pics that I actually took with my camera. Screen shots automatically went to a separate album. Downloaded pics from messages or the web automatically went to another album. Why the heck can?t iOS do this??? Or is there a way to do this and I?m just oblivious to it?

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Not many here will complain. On iOS this is what we know and fought to get back when they tried to change it

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Not many here will complain. On iOS this is what we know and fought to get back when they tried to change it

I don't mind having an album that has all the photos on my phone; I guess what I'm frustrated with is that there's not a dedicated album to just the photos I've taken with the actual camera.

I find myself taking a lot more screen shots & making memes and what not on my phone now. So whenever I'm showing someone recent pics that I took with the camera, they have to flip through all my random, silly memes & crap as well.

Oh well, 1st world problems right 😓

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I know I can?t be the only one frustrated with how my Camera roll looks. Photos, screen shots, downloads all in one cluttered feed. I mean, prior to iPhone I was on webOS, and I loved how they sorted pics.

My camera roll only had pics that I actually took with my camera. Screen shots automatically went to a separate album. Downloaded pics from messages or the web automatically went to another album. Why the heck can?t iOS do this??? Or is there a way to do this and I?m just oblivious to it?

Send feedback to Apple. There may be many other users that would like this option.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
It's terrible. You are not alone. It may be the simplest way, and why apple chose to do it. But for many it is not user friendly at all.

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If opt for separate folders over duplicates (stream/roll) little more user control here wouldn't break the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Use cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox, and OneDrive. You can organize your photos in folders and subfolders. Or try a non cloud photo album app like MyPhoto. I've been using it for years. You can have albums and album groups. And then delete the photos from your camera roll.
MyPhoto Pro - Smart Photo Manager by TIDY INC
https://appsto.re/us/9tUtw.i

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I also like the way webOS set up our pictures, but the best you can do right now is to manually sot them

You can create your own albums, and many apps will create their own in your behalf. They'll still show in the camera roll as well as the album. But there's no space issue. It doesn't take twice the space. So that should not be an issue. Still though I suggest apps like Box or Dropbox for photos and videos. Then delete them from your Photos app.

Nesdam1981

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Coming from Android where I could organize my pictures exactly as I wanted and now I have no control what so ever is frustrating. Not to mention pictures/albums synced from iTunes can?t be deleted or edited from within the iPhone... I would like to see more user control in this area.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would most definitely like screenshots in their own folders. That way I don't have to search through my camera roll to delete them.

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Seriously this is so stupid. Heck, even creating albums go into the camera roll as well and whenever you delete a photo in there, it goes and deletes with it in the album too. This is the worst and stupidest OS ever made!

Nesdam1981

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Seriously this is so stupid. Heck, even creating albums go into the camera roll as well and whenever you delete a photo in there, it goes and deletes with it in the album too. This is the worst and stupidest OS ever made!
=) The OS itself is not stupid. Just how it handles some things. Like the lack of user options in the gallery ;-)
Never quite understood Apples fascination with locking their users and limiting everything to iTunes. But hey, control freaks I guess.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Why does it make a difference if the photo is in 2 places. The Albums are simply a way to organize what's on the camera roll. Why is that a problem? If you don't want it that way, you can use cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos and videos. Then delete them from your Photos app. If you don't like cloud based apps, you can organize your photos in apps like MyPhoto. Then delete them from your Photos app. I've been using MyPhoto for years. But why does it bother you about the camera roll?

Nabooy

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Why does it make a difference if the photo is in 2 places. The Albums are simply a way to organize what's on the camera roll. Why is that a problem? If you don't want it that way, you can use cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos and videos. Then delete them from your Photos app. If you don't like cloud based apps, you can organize your photos in apps like MyPhoto. Then delete them from your Photos app. I've been using MyPhoto for years. But why does it bother you about the camera roll?

Simple. I have many pictures of my girlfriend and if I made an album just for her, it can be seen in the camera roll. So when someone asks me to check out the phone, they go into gallery as well and all of her pics are visible which I'm not safe about this.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Simple. I have many pictures of my girlfriend and if I made an album just for her, it can be seen in the camera roll. So when someone asks me to check out the phone, they go into gallery as well and all of her pics are visible which I'm not safe about this.

Try the app MyPhoto. You can passcode lock albums and there's a hidden section for albums that no one could find. It also includes the Aviary Photo Editor in the App. Once in the App, you can delete them from your camera roll. I really like it. I don't use it for as much as I used to. I use Box,Dropbox and OneDrive now for many photos. But I do still use it. Here's the link. There's also a free version that's limited.
MyPhoto Pro - Smart Photo Manager by TIDY INC
https://appsto.re/us/9tUtw.i

iamtim

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
So when someone asks me to check out the phone, they go into gallery as well and all of her pics are visible which I'm not safe about this.

If you have pictures of your GF on your phone that you're not comfortable with others seeing, why would you hand your phone over to someone in the first place?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner