Why we use iOS

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It's simple most of you haven't tried anything else so have no real point of comparison. This is why most people use any product, they are comfortable with it, and a lack of experience with something different.

I use multi platforms currently. Not sure who you are referring to. Maybe you could just post your point of view on the topic instead.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I use multi platforms currently. Not sure who you are referring to. Maybe you could just post your point of view on the topic instead.

I was answering the question posed as to why you use iOS? My answer is that while most people here love iOS and they list this feature or that feature. These peoples first smartphones are often iOS, and they have little experience in other Mobile OS, so part of the choice is comfort. I always give the example of outlook calendar integration in blackberry , iOS mail seems fine until you use something which is far more powerful, but you would never know unless you used it. Get it.

You think Honda is great until you experience a rollsroyce

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Why we use IOS

I have used Android, BB, and even Palm OS, but iOS is what has worked for me since the 4s came out. I will continue to use it until it doesn't work for me anymore.

I was answering the question posed as to why you use iOS? My answer is that while most people here love iOS and they list this feature or that feature. These peoples first smartphones are often iOS, and they have little experience in other Mobile OS, so part of the choice is comfort. I always give the example of outlook calendar integration in blackberry , iOS mail seems fine until you use something which is far more powerful, but you would never know unless you used it. Get it.

Why do YOU use iOS?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Why we use IOS

The reason I like iOS is because it's generally very solid. I like the way that all apps run as if they came on the device. It keeps the user interfaces very uniform, non-clashing and balanced. It's very easy to use iOS. Sometimes if I'm just looking to do a task, I can do it without complications or extreme duress.

I do like Android too but purely for the fact that it's highly customisable. This could keep me busy for hours. I'm also very happy with the option of flash player in my stock browser and SD card memory expansion. I have better luck via bluetooth music streaming in my car too for some reason.

I like Windows 7 computers. How I wish they'd just make Windows 9 like it. It's the best, easiest to use version outside of XP in my opinion. I'm very stuck as I have no idea where I'll go when I get a new computer someday. It really is a sad event to be forced to get a Windows 9 if it's like the 8 mess.

Overall, I guess what I'm saying is:

I like a lot of different platforms and iOS is part of that absolutely delicious concoction of operating system heaven for me.

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
On top of the other reasons in the thread (reliability, compatibility, ease of use, etc.) I also find iOS to be just enjoyable to use. The way you interact with the OS, the graphical feedback, the transitions and the cohesiveness make iOS a pleasure to use.

I'd echo this.

I've only owned an iPhone for about 10 days now (BBOS, BB10 and Android user), and I must admit I almost returned it after 24 hours. No Notification Light? No repeating alerts? No automated profiles? No (limited) sharing? No file system?

I knew about these things when I purchased it, but somehow the limitations seemed much more real and scary once I was committed to actually owning and using one as my daily phone.

But I took a deep breath, and gave it time... and I really started to appreciate the things Mike mentioned more and more as the days went on. I realize it's not going to win a spec or feature-to-feature comparison against every other OS out there, but I'm finding the overall subjective experience to be wonderfully addicting. Everything feels consistent and integrated, items react and open as soon as you swipe or tap - there's never any sense of fighting with the phone.

A year ago I might have felt differently, but with the larger iPhone 6, iOS 8 and Yosemite, it seemed the time was right to try the Apple universe ;)

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Why we use IOS

A lot of us here have been using lots of smart phones and pda's since the beginning. Your statement is just wrong that the only reason we use iOS is because we are ignorant.

How ironic you think we are ignorant.

Get it?

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Why we use IOS

I have used Android, BB, and even Palm OS, but iOS is what has worked for me since the 4s came out. I will continue to use it until it doesn't work for me anymore.

Why do YOU use iOS?

you
\ˈy?, yə also yē\
pronoun
?used to refer to the person or group of people that is being addressed as the subject of a verb or as the object of a verb or preposition
?used to refer to any person or to people in general
Full Definition

Why do I personally use iOS is because most people I know have iOS, so face time, imessaging even though I prefer bbm couldn't convince my friends to start our 3 year old group chat on bbm, because iOS is used by more people I find developers spend more time improving their iOS version of their apps. I also own a z10, for work especially outlook and calendar interfacing bb10 blows iOS out the water, for an entertainment device I like my iPhone more. I don't have much experience with android so I can't call it, for me part of the use is because isht I'm comfortable and really too lazy to use anything else if I don't need too, even if android were better. Plus Apple has convinced me like everyone else I need an iPhone, I'm convinced it's subliminal or... Maybe it's status makes me feel important.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It's simple most of you haven't tried anything else so have no real point of comparison. This is why most people use any product, they are comfortable with it, and a lack of experience with something different.

Not even close. Among the mobile OSes that I have used are BlackBerry, Windows, Android, Symbian and iOS.

iOS works, it works for me with my equipment and my complete ecosystem. It’s simple to use, reliable, and the hardware (iPods, iPhones and iPads) are classic, awesome, and a joy to use. There is a plethora of quality and reasonably priced apps. And with every release, it just gets better.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use it for the simple fact that I have an addiction to Apple products that is worse than crack at this point. Only difference is, I don't have to rob a bank to support my Apple/iOS addiction. :D

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

kdeckels

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I came from blackberry to the original moto droid to a couple more android phones before I really tried an apple product. I went from a hardcore dos/windows guy to MacBook a year ago & to iphone 5 8 months ago. Gave the 5 to my daughter because I got a deal on a note 3. After a month I'm back to iOS. Note 3, fast phone, keyboard still lags. Browser still missing a quick scroll to top. To me iOS is just so much more fluid. There are just too many things I like about the iOS environment over the others right now. This is from the guy who used to make fun of the i sheep.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Not even close. Among the mobile OSes that I have used are BlackBerry, Windows, Android, Symbian and iOS.

iOS works, it works for me with my equipment and my complete ecosystem. It?s simple to use, reliable, and the hardware (iPods, iPhones and iPads) are classic, awesome, and a joy to use. There is a plethora of quality and reasonably priced apps. And with every release, it just gets better.

I said most people, not all people, and I'm not saying that people don't like their iOS devices for its features, what I'm saying is the vast majority of people have little to know experience outside the ecosystem of choice. Whether it's iOS or android or bb10, etc... Why would they?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Ummmm......wow.....
IT JUST WORKS - first minute throughout the time I keep the device
Interoperability
Reliability
UI
App Store
iTunes
Design
Build quality

S U P P O R T !!!!!!!!!!! NOBODY NOBODY NOBODY NOBODY NOBODY ANYWHERE stands by their products like Apple.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I said most people, not all people, and I'm not saying that people don't like their iOS devices for its features, what I'm saying is the vast majority of people have little to know experience outside the ecosystem of choice. Whether it's iOS or android or bb10, etc... Why would they?

I've got a Lumia 1520, a Note 4, HAD a Q10 and just about every BlackBerry that came before it that was sold on AT&T beginning with the 8310 and used work issued BlackBerry beginning with the 6210.

I KNOW what is out there and I PREFER iOS over everything else. Enjoy the living daylights out of the Lumia and the Note but PREFER my iPhone 6 and every iPhone that came before it.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I've own Android phones and I just came from Windows Phone. The reason I chose iOS was 1) app quality and selection and 2) reliability. It is also nice to know if a problem arose with the iPhone I could take it to my local Apple Store and say "fix it." I love Windows Phone but right now it doesn't have all the apps I want. My experience with Android has been disappointing due to app conflicts and crashes. I know someone who owns a Nokia Lumia 1520, a Sony Xperia Z3 and a Samsung Note 3 and he said the Sony and Samsung have app crashes about every other day. At AT&T a salesperson was showing me a Samsung Note 4 and an app crashed during the demonstration! I said surely that was an anomaly because he was using a floor model and he said that because Android is a more open system it will never be as stable as iPhone or Windows Phone. I want a phone that has the best apps that work perfectly every single time and that is why I bought an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234