Why we use iOS

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So all these posts about convince me to use this over that got me thinking. I don't want to convince anyone to use what I use, but I will be more than happy to tell you why I use it.

Then I thought why not make this a group post. This forum to me is filled with a large amount of knowledgable people so let's help everyone from the first time user to the I. T. Person running a large company to the stay at home parents and college students. What makes IOS work for you? Why did you choose this operating system over all the others.

I really want this to be from the community, not from Someone getting paid to write an article, no offense to the writers either.

So what does everyone think can we make this a great post for everyone.

The reason I use iOS is because it works on multiple situations. I use OneDrive in work along with Windows. At home I'm all Apple. The way everything integrates from work to home makes my life extremely easy. My children also use iOS in Middle school and college. My daughter now carries around an iPad to all her classes instead of a heavy bag of books thanks to the apps made by Apple. IOS makes it so easy to share calendar events with my whole family so planning events really is very easy along with the occasional dentist or doctors appoint.

So let's hear why everyone else in our community uses iOS.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
RELIABILITY...."IT JUST WORKS". I have used and tried just about every platform out there and for the way I use my device, with the exception of customization (without jailbreaking), the iOS platform suits my needs fully. I don't worry about if something works....IT DOES. It gets me where I need to be in a smooth and quick manner without multiple steps to get there. I also like and use accessories, and Apple has a VERY LARGE supporting cast when it comes to accessories....just my .02 cents...SMILE

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been a Mac user for over 20 years. So when the iPhone dropped it was the natural choice because it was a extension of my Mac. There was no other choice for me really. BB didn't sync with the Mac. Was Android around in 2007? I don't remember.
So Mac and iPhone continue to work in tandem more so now than any other time with handoff and continuity etc. iCloud etc. The short time I had Android it was to hold me over until Sprint got the iPhone. While I had Android there was a break in chain. I tried Google Calendars and contacts but it was just wasn't as smooth as using the Mac Calendar and Contacts. Once I got the iPhone back, a 4S it was all good again and even better now. It's just always been Apple for me

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The App Store. Reliable. Secure. Transparency - shows you what apps have access to what resources very clearly - even at the system level. Performance.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
It's simple most of you haven't tried anything else so have no real point of comparison. This is why most people use any product, they are comfortable with it, and a lack of experience with something different.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
It's simple most of you haven't tried anything else so have no real point of comparison. This is why most people use any product, they are comfortable with it, and a lack of experience with something different.

Thanks for the useful information but I used a BB probably before you were born and have also used android and windows phone specifically the Icon on VZW. Don't assume.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I had both Android and BB. Evo 3D and Blackberry Tour.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

LOL...You're right. We've been using Apple products since we were born (sarcasm).

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
On top of the other reasons in the thread (reliability, compatibility, ease of use, etc.) I also find iOS to be just enjoyable to use. The way you interact with the OS, the graphical feedback, the transitions and the cohesiveness make iOS a pleasure to use.

I guess the other reason I use iOS, even despite its shortcomings (no OS is perfect) is that I still find it to be much better than the alternatives. Android is way too busy for my liking, Windows phone a bit too basic and lacking in 3rd party support, and BB10 is just a mess with no real direction.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
All the reasons listed above. If there is one feature that I like the most, and that keeps me from switching the most, it's iMessage.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
LOL...You're right. We've been using Apple products since we were born (sarcasm).

Ok, how much experience do you personally have wig windows phone, iOS, android, bb10 ( it's a completely different Os, literally, from original bbOS so don't say you do) , Symbian, etc .... Unless you are swapping out phones every 2 months and using a different Os each time, it's not possible. That's just the reality.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
On top of the other reasons in the thread (reliability, compatibility, ease of use, etc.) I also find iOS to be just enjoyable to use. The way you interact with the OS, the graphical feedback, the transitions and the cohesiveness make iOS a pleasure to use.

I guess the other reason I use iOS, even despite its shortcomings (no OS is perfect) is that I still find it to be much better than the alternatives. Android is way too busy for my liking, Windows phone a bit too basic and lacking in 3rd party support, and BB10 is just a mess with no real direction.

How much experience do you have in these other Os s to make this claim

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok, how much experience do you personally have wig windows phone, iOS, android, bb10 ( it's a completely different Os, literally, from original bbOS so don't say you do) , Symbian, etc .... Unless you are swapping out phones every 2 months and using a different Os each time, it's not possible. That's just the reality.

With over 17,000 Global post on Mobile Nations forums (Member since 09'), I would say that I've had my experience and share of other platforms including, BB, BB10 and Android. A family member has a WP inwhich I've helped out MANY times. For you to tell me "don't say you do" before you check or know my history is amazing. For the record I swapped phones/platforms approx every 6 months, not every 2 months, but now with my first Apple device, I don't see myself doing that anymore. This is indeed the longest I've kept any device.
Back on topic.....iOS works for me ..."IT JUST WORKS"

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Why we use IOS

My main reason is reliability. It works all the time. I don't worry about it or have to think about it. It just works for me.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
It just works! Stable, reliable, regular updates irrespective of the carrier, sandbox approach(which some may not like it), integrates smoothly with my Mac and iPad, quality of apps....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why we use IOS

It's simple most of you haven't tried anything else so have no real point of comparison.
Do you have verifiable proof of this?
This is why most people use any product, they are comfortable with it, and a lack of experience with something different.
Let's say you're right. Why is it a problem? Besides, the OP expressed why we use iOS. I've used them all at some point, and because it may have been a while since I last used anything other than iOS, doesn't mean I don't have the knowledge to compare. IOS is what I like. Period. I don't care how many different operating systems there are for the mobile platform, I will continue using iOS until I don't want to use it anymore. I buy products and use services for "me, myself and I"...:)

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

Do you?

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Why we use IOS

That's too funny. As my signature states, I have used all OS that was available to me and actually came to iOS last.

I stayed with iOS for all the reasons the others have already stated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711