I find I'm more productive on iOS. By more productive I don't mean what I do with or on my iOS device. When on android I find I'm always scouring the message boards looking for the next big tip that improves or enhances the device I'm using. When on iOS, I use the device for what I need, turn off the screen and move on to something else. That alone makes me like iOS for the added productivity it brings by taking much less time to improve the device...if that makes sense.
    Makes perfect sense to me. A popular phrase we use around here is "It just works!"
    My last Android was an HTC Evo 4G and I think I spent more time trying to get it to work right than I did really enjoying the device.
    mumfoau and libra89 like this.
    01-16-2016 04:38 PM
    App quality. Ecosystem. Ease of use. Support.
    Hah!

I totally agree with you.
    01-16-2016 08:02 PM
    Simplicity. I came from the world of Android at a time when I loved tinkering and messing around. Before one click root solutions and I was doing it through cmd. And I enjoyed it. Almost too much. I was constantly searching for something else to do with my Android device. And the nights of recovering my phone from almost completely bricking it were maddening, lol.

I switched to iOS because it's a much more simple operating system. It does what I want and it's easy to do what I want. There are certainly things I miss from Android. More specifically the file management and being able to get music from ANYWHERE I want without having to go to a computer. But my iPhone handles 90% of the tasks I need it to do and it does it well.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-22-2016 03:55 PM
    Makes perfect sense to me. A popular phrase we use around here is "It just works!"
    My last Android was an HTC Evo 4G and I think I spent more time trying to get it to work right than I did really enjoying the device.
    In my experience that didn't mean the Android devices were bad devices. It just meant there was far more available to customize and enhance. My experience was to get the device to do things it wasn't "meant" to do and that no other phone on the market could do. It was fun to me lol.
    Rob Phillips and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-22-2016 04:09 PM
    In my experience that didn't mean the Android devices were bad devices. It just meant there was far more available to customize and enhance. My experience was to get the device to do things it wasn't "meant" to do and that no other phone on the market could do. It was fun to me lol.
    Agree. Android has some very nice devices. My Evo just wasn't one of them.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-2016 04:37 PM
    I spend 6 months with ios and 6 months with Android. It's the same to me I don't see the differences that others note but I also don't use a stock device.
    02-05-2016 10:15 AM
    I imagine I'll go back to Android ...at some point ...one day. I just don't think it'll be before 2018.
    02-08-2016 12:55 AM
    I'm using iOS because I'm annoyed with Google updates (after two years they consider your device outdated, so the OS updates gets sent out much much later than new devices regardless if there are dangerous exploits in the software). I'm tired of rooting my Android devices just so I can install a custom rom with the latest AOSP software. Apple continuously updates iOS and it's several years before they stop updating a device. It's nice knowing that the 800 bucks I spent on my phone is worth more than 2 years.
    03-14-2016 07:09 PM
    I've been using Apple devices for over 20 years now. I owe my IT degree, my interest in technology, my geek side ... to Apple. Apple's the technological love of my life and like every good marriage I just rely on it, and, although it has ups and downs... well, it just sticks... and lasts.

I've used many mobile devices before smartphones became available. So when the iPhone came out, it was a natural choice for me. I had been battling for years to get optimal compatibility between Macs and handhelds of all brands, with mixed results. And one day, there it was... the phone "for the rest of us". It wasn't until 2008 that I got my first iPhone, though, but I have owned iPhones ever since: 3G, 4, 5S, 6 Plus and now a 6S Plus.
    My professional device is a Galaxy S5, and while I can use an Android device, it remains a "strange" device to me. I just don't use it the way I use my iPhone - intuitively, easily, confidently, as an extension of my brain. It just doesn't work this way for me.

So I guess the reasons why I use iOS devices is that... I'm used to them. They just work for me. They do what I want, the way I want. The whole ecosystem thing - it works for me. I trust the device and the company which makes it.

Well, I guess I'm hooked for life.
    MaxSmarties likes this.
    03-14-2016 07:24 PM
    I just started using iOS this month and it has been really nice. I enjoy the simplicity so much. Before this, I was trying out android. It felt like too much for me even though it is nice. I desire a simple phone experience and iOS does it for me.
    03-19-2016 08:54 AM
    easy answer: consistency and integration.

The best operative system by far.
    03-31-2016 07:41 AM
136 ... 456