Why we use iOS

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I prefer Android for phones and prefer iOS for tablets since I find apps are way better on ios for tablets. As far as phones go I prefer Android but the simplicity, better battery life ( iPhone 6 plus ), and just using one app store for both my iPad and iPhone just made it easier. iOS isn't "inferior" to Android just different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Because I love phones and didn't want to miss out on the nice iPhone hardware, iOS, or it's ecosystem. I'm primarily an Android guy but do appreciate my 128GB SG 6+.

BitPusher2600

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
The efficiency, the speed, the comfort and the fact that any software, service, or product that has any footing on mobile is supported first and foremost on Apple's platform.

You know what does frustrate me is these kiddos who spit that "sheep" or technical incompetence garbage. They weren't around when Apple was making the first "home computers" anyway, so they can't see Apple the way some of us who are older can. I'm the kind of guy who for years compiled my own kernels under Slackware Linux, and in the modern years i'm quite comfortable with FreeBSD on my main box, yet for my mobile computing, I stay the h'll away from Android and choose iOS. To me, it's really the way to get things done, no muss no fuss, just now.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I love the overall iOS experience but admit to being intrigued by the Galaxy Note series. Alas, every time I've tried to switch I always coming running back to my iPhone. For starters I've found that I cannot live without iMessage. Also, it's just the little things about the fit and finish of iOS that keeps me here.

Zaiella

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I had never had an Apple computer before, only used ones in Elementary school, playing Carmen Sandiago, but at home we used Windows because of all the games. I don't think Apple supported the racing games my dad played. But I had always heard good things about Apple. When I got my first tablet I narrowed it down to the iPad or Galaxy 10.1. I decided on the Galaxy 'cause it was the thinnest and I liked the screen.

I had it for around 4 years and I did love it a lot. I still miss the back button, lol, and I liked the Play Store, and cannot find the newest apps list in the App Store, is one there? Anyway, my Galaxy updated to Android 4.4 and then they stopped updating it, ever, and it got slower and laggier and unable to support any new apps. I found out about that Kies Program but I could never get the Windows 7 PC to recognize the Galaxy.

I had always liked the smooth white Apple stuff and my Galaxy was Black since they were out of white. Now my Air 2 is white and gold. I love stuff so far, but I like what I've heard, that Apple actually keeps updating their tablets. And the App Store has the most apps, and I appreciate the the Facebook app isn't tiny-worded like on Samsung. Both OSes are great.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It simple and reliable. I've used BB10 and android extensively as well. I honestly loved BB10 but they were so late to the game that they never got traction. I've tried android multiple times and just couldn't get into it. To me, it's inconsistent and i seemed to stumble across so many bugs.

I honestly wouldn't mind more customizations on iOS bc I like to fiddle with things like that but it obviously did not stop me from owning every single iphone since the 3G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I use iOS for a variety of reasons, some of which are:

1. My stuff syncs seamlessly between all of my devices, whether it be my iPhone, MacBook, iPad, AppleTVs, and any of my wife's and kids' devices.

2. Apple maintains control over the hardware and software. iOS is designed exactly for my phone. The fragmentation that plagues other platforms is nonexistent in the iOS environment. There's no waiting for the manufacturer to port the latest version of the OS to make it work on my phone. Updates are frequent and immediate.

3. It's dependable and easy to use.

Gameshot

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
iOS is not that stable and bugless like a couple of years before but still better than Android IMO. I really like the fact that I don't have to search through dozens of sub menus to find specific settings.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I use iOS for a variety of reasons, some of which are:

1. My stuff syncs seamlessly between all of my devices, whether it be my iPhone, MacBook, iPad, AppleTVs, and any of my wife's and kids' devices.

2. Apple maintains control over the hardware and software. iOS is designed exactly for my phone. The fragmentation that plagues other platforms is nonexistent in the iOS environment. There's no waiting for the manufacturer to port the latest version of the OS to make it work on my phone. Updates are frequent and immediate.

3. It's dependable and easy to use.

TBH fragmentation with Android is overblown imo. I've never had any issues with Android on phones which is what the majority is sold. On the tablet side there is a few issues with some apps being compatible but it's mostly fine. As long as you stick with Samsung, HTC, Motorola and the other big name brands fragmentation isn't a huge issue these days

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
This is what I wrote to someone who told me android was better:

Why iOS is better than Android. By Rachel:

Apple is a MILLION times better than Android. Before you go calling me an apple fanboy blah blah blah I had an S2 and an S4 before my charger port on my phone decided to stop working. My S2 was my very FIRST ever smartphone actually so I had only ever used Samsung devices until recently. I decided to get an iphone 5c and then a six plus this year in Feb. When I had to change companies in May I went with an S6. Samsung is HORRIBLE in comparison to Apple.

Apple:

Immediate updates all around the world REGARDLESS of location. No more waiting for an update that has come out in America because I live in Australia and updates are NOT region locked on Apple like they are on Android

Apple care: Enough said

More stable and speedy: I was playing a game on my S6 and wanted to pay for the removal of the ads on my phone so was going to do so after I charged it. In the meantime I was using my 6plus and decided to download the app on my phone to keep playing it. The speed and stability of the app on the iPhone was so significant it was like it was a completely different app altogether. I paid for removal of ads then and there from apple and didn't bother with the S6.

More apps: There are more apps that are ios exclusives because iOS are capable of running them because they only have to cater to the same operating software whereas Android has to cater to Samsung, HTC, Nexus, Sony etc. Examples of this include RCT3 which has NEVER and will probably NEVER see a release on android for said reasons.

More stable: Battery life is greatly significant on iOS due to their incredible software. Low power mode makes it even better. I was getting only six hours screen on time on my S6 and get about 8 hours screen on time on my 6+ over wifi. Lag- do NOT get me started on how pathetic android is when it comes to lag. Apps on iOS CONSISTENTLY load faster, close faster and switch faster in the task manager.

Hardware issues: Samsungs KNOWN charger port issue. At month 18 of using my S4 I experienced this lovely *sarcasm* issue. The phone no longer recognised the cable as the charger port was apparently "damaged". I soon after found out that this is a KNOWN fault in Samsung devices. I just got lucky with my S2 that I never experienced it. I was so paranoid about it happening again that when they told me I would need to pay $180 to get it repaired I said sod that and decided to get a 5C on a mobile repayment plan.

The ONLY things I even miss on Android are the widgets and the Google Play Games app. Game Center isn't as good as Google Play Games. Widgets aren't as good as they are on andriod either. They are pretty much non existent on iOS, though Apple is going in the right direction with them though. I also don't like how on Apple you have to use iTunes to put things on your device while with Android you can just click and drag but that is never going to be a reason to stop me from getting a clearly superior device. I also HATED how when I first switched from iOS to Android I no longer had the swiping keyboard only the default. This however is no longer an issue as with iOS8 came apps and integration with Swiftkey etc.

I spent about six months using my S6 until the novelty wore off and I got fed up with its lack of stability and the other issues as mentioned above and am now fully back to using my six plus. My S6 is now a pretty paperweight until it decides it wants to be used as a portable hard drive- only to transfer files from one device to another. Aka my old computer to my new computer. My S6 is pretty much just a portable hard drive to me now

If I ever decide to go android again it will be just as a tablet. I am pretty much certain that I will always keep my iPhone as my daily driver

thunderx2000

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
My first Android Phone was a Samsung Moment and in between then and now I've purchased numerous Android devices with my last being a Nexus 6. However my first IOS device was an iPad 2 and a iPod Touch that was released in 2011. I spent more years on the Android platform than the Windows Phone, Blackberry and iOS combined. I guess I got tired of the platform, it's issues, open sourced nature and decided to changed platforms again. I do remember that black in 2010 before i went to Android from Blackberry, some in the crack berry laughed and said you'll be back when I said I was jumping ship to Android. Didn't happen and I think that year was when The blackberry platform started slipping as Android started gaining shares.

I will openly admit that I was kind of skeptical about the latest iOS release when I purchased my iPhone 6s Plus, but so far I like it more than The Android platform and there are a number of reasons why I like and and a few why I hate it.

1. Version updates - when Apple announces and gives a date for the new version it is released on time and pushed out immediately. There are two versions (OTA and iTunes) of the update just like Android, however you don't have to jump through to get the second version. I like the iTunes versions more, though. Depending on the OEM you had to wait for the latest version of Android, search to find out if your phone will be added to the list of phones getting the latest version of Android, or root and manually update to the latest OS via CyanogenMod, AOKP, PAC-Man, or Paranoid Android.

2. Bloat ware - There is none. You can download the carrier apps from the iTunes Store. With Android, you have to deal with useless OEM, and carrier apps that you may never use as is the nature of open source software. That **** adds unnecessary storage and memory usage and cannot be removed without rooting the phone in most cases.

3. Performance - I have 66 apps on my phone, I use more than half of them on a daily basis. At any given time there are 10-16 apps in the background running and there is zero lag on page scrolling, app scrolling or app opening. The only Android phone that could compete with that performance was the Nexus 6.

The only thing I see as a drawback is carrier billing. I loved it, I miss it, and wish Apple as well as the carriers would come to some kind of deal the would enable it in the Americas.

However, the biggestpiece of bull**** thing I've seen is the accessories (OEM and third party). The OEM stuff is expensive and feels cheap. For instance the included headset is $30 but feel like they should be no more than $20. I've had headsets that cost less and performed better. The lightning cable is too short. But that's with all Manufacturers, to be honest. A 2-3 foot long cable is not and never will be enough cable. I use my stuff while I charge it and some times the plug may be behind a sofa or near a corner that is far away from where I am sitting. The third party accessory makers are ****ty manufacturers. They make wired or Bluetooth headphones, headsets and create this big *** logo on the front, side or back of the Box stating that it is compatible with any iOS device, but this tiny assed note showing that is compatible with other platforms as well.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Cause BlackBerry 10 has no apps and I refuse to use Android. That said, now that I'm using two iPhone 6s, one work and one personal, I am really getting use to the OS. My only complaint would be I have 3 Yahoo and 3 Gmail accounts on my personal device and I'm not a big fan of the native email client but don't know enough about using a different client that would unify all 6 accounts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711