What is the current state of the iOS 8.1 jailbreak?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading some threads and have gotten bits of information here and there but nothing definite. Is the jailbreak stable and secure? I am worried about installing this when my phone has financial information on it via Apple Pay. I know not all cydia apps have been updated yet but I want the core iPhone features working and stable. Thanks.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Pangu since iOS 7. Nothing had happened in the questionable nature. The jailbreak itself seems to not be affecting anything. Except Safari. Which actually it's had less crashes AFTER jailbreaking.

It's up to you really but I love certain control over my device.

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Pangu since iOS 7. Nothing had happened in the questionable nature. The jailbreak itself seems to not be affecting anything. Except Safari. Which actually it's had less crashes AFTER jailbreaking.

Do you also have the annoying safari issue that it's getting a difficult time with opening web elements, after my Safari tries many time to open a simple page it stops.
Safari is getting useless for the first time after jailbreak.
But it doesn't matter that much, jailbreak is more important.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Thanks! I jailbroke once in iOS 6, I think but after that I didn't feel it necessary. I'm going to try it out when I get home and see if I find anything interesting.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Do you also have the annoying safari issue that it's getting a difficult time with opening web elements, after my Safari tries many time to open a simple page it stops.
Safari is getting useless for the first time after jailbreak.
But it doesn't matter that much, jailbreak is more important.

Ah, no I only just got crashes. Which those seem to have ceased since I did the jailbreak.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You'll never get "definite" security. This is true for ALL devices.

I'm curious. Do you ever go out to eat? If so, do you pay by card? If you do, there's time the staff has your card without your eyes on it. This is no less of a risk than jailbreaking.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
You'll never get "definite" security. This is true for ALL devices.

I'm curious. Do you ever go out to eat? If so, do you pay by card? If you do, there's time the staff has your card without your eyes on it. This is no less of a risk than jailbreaking.

I never said "definite security." There is such a thing as ease of access a third party has to my information especially to a party that included a pirated app store in some of their releases. If I am installing something that has super access to my device and hence my information I would like to know the extent of it to act accordingly. Everyone has their bounds but regardless, you are committing a false equivalency fallacy between the two. They are not the same nor do they have the same concerns nor can criminals commit the same damage in the same conditions. A person cannot get inputting banking passwords just by holding my debit card nor can make huge purchases in the time I hand over my card. Nor do I know if my information was stolen like I can with my debit card nor do I know that there is a key logger installed without my consent copying down my information before it is encrypted on my phone.

I installed the jailbreak but I think I'm going back to stock. I have that dirty feeling I got when rooting my android devices and the Cydia store feels like the Play store/Windows App store and have gotten more crashes lately than stock with jailbroken apps designed to work with iOS 8.1. Thank you though for the information! :) Have fun jailbreaking!

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading some threads and have gotten bits of information here and there but nothing definite. Is the jailbreak stable and secure? I am worried about installing this when my phone has financial information on it via Apple Pay. I know not all cydia apps have been updated yet but I want the core iPhone features working and stable. Thanks.

You're right. You never said anything about it being definite in the context of security concerns.

It's only a false equivalency if you don't know how technology works. I'm sorry that's your case. It's not difficult to scan your card and make a duplicate copy. If getting access to your account through your card associated with Apple Pay is damaging, getting access to your account by duplicating your card is equally damaging. It HAS to be. You're committing absurd logic to justify fearing one while ignoring the other.

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm like 99% sure it is for me too. I keep up a monitor widget and my RAM seems to always get exponentially higher when Safari is running. I've even seen it blast to 1KB free. Crazy.

Thanks for heads up!
There is an iOS7 tweak that will give other browsers the nitro engine that safari is using, so you can use a lightweight browser with nitro speed.
The tweak is named: nitrous or something that looks like that.
It's not working yet on iOS 8.x but let's wait...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for heads up!
There is an iOS7 tweak that will give other browsers the nitro engine that safari is using, so you can use a lightweight browser with nitro speed.
The tweak is named: nitrous or something that looks like that.
It's not working yet on iOS 8.x but let's wait...

I've got Nitrous. I think it's compatible already? It got better benchmarks on Chrome?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal