Siri is miscounting days

jtmo3

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
About an hour ago I asked siri how many days until Thanksgiving. Her answer, there is 22 days. I asked again, same answer and again. It was only after asking her what today's date was and then when thanksgiving is and again querying her as to how many days until thanksgiving, I got a, let me think about that, answer with the correct days finally.

Anyone want to ask and see how many days they get now?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
About an hour ago I asked siri how many days until Thanksgiving. Her answer, there is 22 days. I asked again, same answer and again. It was only after asking her what today's date was and then when thanksgiving is and again querying her as to how many days until thanksgiving, I got a, let me think about that, answer with the correct days finally.

Anyone want to ask and see how many days they get now?

Look on a calendar for crying out loud

jtmo3

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Point is, it makes one wonder if she can't count the number of days correctly, what else can't she count correctly? This is so basic.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
How stupid is siri

Well, that seals it for me. I?m throwing my iPhone 6 Plus in the trash and buying a BB Passport TODAY. SMH

Don't throw it in the trash send it to me. It's a little big for my taste, but I can find a use for it.

Sent from my wrapped in leather iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

scottMan1

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Today is November 4. I asked Siri how many days until November 6. And she said one day. She must be counting from midnight tonight and counting a full day. In that regard I think 22 days until Thanksgiving is probably correct.

jtmo3

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Today is November 4. I asked Siri how many days until November 6. And she said one day. She must be counting from midnight tonight and counting a full day. In that regard I think 22 days until Thanksgiving is probably correct.

Seriously? Who does that?

And besides, why would she say 22 yesterday and today? Something ain't right.

jtmo3

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Whatever. Sir is wrong.

Its very inconsistent. I had three people ask today. Two iPhone 6's said 22 days. An iPhone 5 said 23, the correct answer. Something is amiss in siri land whether you believe it or not. Might be a small insignificant issue but makes me wonder about others.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Days until can be a tricky question...

Is it how many full days? Is it the total number of hours divided by 24?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I asked Siri on what the integral of x^2 was and she gave:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415145616.847289.jpg

So she uses Wolfram Alpha. What does BlackBerry assistant and Cortana say the integral is?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I asked Siri on what the integral of x^2 was and she gave:

So she uses Wolfram Alpha. What does BlackBerry assistant and Cortana say the integral is?

You made a common mistake. You checked one search and used that to qualify all searches. Ask Siri "Where should I eat?" She'll return a list of restaurants with Yelp tagged.

Siri uses multiple search engines. When I ask the Thanksgiving question, she replies "It's 522 hours until then." None of these options show the Wolfram Alpha logo on this question. It's safer to assume the data is being pulled from somewhere else.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
You made a common mistake. You checked one search and used that to qualify all searches. Ask Siri "Where should I eat?" She'll return a list of restaurants with Yelp tagged.

Siri uses multiple search engines. When I ask the Thanksgiving question, she replies "It's 522 hours until then." None of these options show the Wolfram Alpha logo on this question. It's safer to assume the data is being pulled from somewhere else.

So I did! I just checked the actual wolfram alpha app and got: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415171667.051568.jpg

While I have 1 hour until midnight and Siri is now saying there is 520 hours until then or 21.7 days.