How do I turn off interactive messages?

jdkaufman

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I like the texts to show up on the home screen, but I don't want the ability to reply from the home screen -at least not without authenticating. I can turn the banners off in notifications, but I don't see where to turn off/adjust the interactive feature.
Thx in advance for any suggestions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is a specific setting for it. You still want to see the actual notification so changing the "Alert Style" to "none" is out of the question.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
There is no way to turn the interactive feature of Notifications off & still see Notifications.

The interactive element of Notifications isn't that in your face, if you don't touch the Notification when it comes in & just swipe the Banner into hide it or swipe to the left in Notification Centers Notifications view then the Notifications are just the same as what they were in iOS 7.

Roland

jdkaufman

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Thx Rolandh. That's what thought. It isn't the "in your face" that concerned me. Anybody can pick up your phone and respond to a text they happened to see come in...just the sort of "prank" a "friend" might pull. I'd sure like to be able to turn the interactive feature off -or require a quick Touch ID to reply.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Thx Rolandh. That's what thought. It isn't the "in your face" that concerned me. Anybody can pick up your phone and respond to a text they happened to see come in...just the sort of "prank" a "friend" might pull. I'd sure like to be able to turn the interactive feature off -or require a quick Touch ID to reply.

I know this is an old thread, but just seen the reply. If you switch Notification Centre off for Lock Screen then it'll have the required unlock with PIN or Touch ID to reply, wether or not it switches Notifications off when on the Lock Screen or not I haven't got a clue.

Roland