iPhone 4S [8GB] + iOS8 -> Memory wanes

Tilman Mueller

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

is there anyone else that has the same problem? My iPhone memory keeps waning. I can basically "watch" and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I'm not taking any photos, videos - I'm literally doing nothing with that mobile, except taking a call, sending out some messages etc. (no pics on iMessage, no music via iCloud, no music / videos stored on the mobile) and still, every time I take a look at my "available memory" some MB are gone. Right now I was down to 0MB and my iPhone wiped some Apps content to free up some space, but as you can imagine that didn't last long.

I already tried to wipe the device (did so like four or five times) but that issue occurs as soon as I start "using" it again.

If anyone knows something to this issue, I appreciate some advice. I know that this issue is probably part of using a "8GB iPhone" but I't annoying. I already bought a 16GB iPhone 5 from eBay Kleinanzeigen back home, but not knowing what's causing this issue keeps bugging me. A good friend of mine has the same problem but no explanation. Only difference is, he's not annoyed :coffee:

Kind regards,

salmanhkhan

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

is there anyone else that has the same problem? My iPhone memory keeps waning. I can basically "watch" and there's nothing I can do to stop it. I'm not taking any photos, videos - I'm literally doing nothing with that mobile, except taking a call, sending out some messages etc. (no pics on iMessage, no music via iCloud, no music / videos stored on the mobile) and still, every time I take a look at my "available memory" some MB are gone. Right now I was down to 0MB and my iPhone wiped some Apps content to free up some space, but as you can imagine that didn't last long.

I already tried to wipe the device (did so like four or five times) but that issue occurs as soon as I start "using" it again.

If anyone knows something to this issue, I appreciate some advice. I know that this issue is probably part of using a "8GB iPhone" but I't annoying. I already bought a 16GB iPhone 5 from eBay Kleinanzeigen back home, but not knowing what's causing this issue keeps bugging me. A good friend of mine has the same problem but no explanation. Only difference is, he's not annoyed :coffee:

Kind regards,

ok here goes

1] try to hook it up to itunes and see what n which apps are using ur storage
2] check your mail folder and attachments
3] go to settings and see your storage and the apps using the MBs
4] do a clean restore
5] sometimes the more the app you use the more it takes space so keep an eye on that

anyhow check and let us know

Tilman Mueller

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Good evening,

it took me while to respond because I needed to take care of a few things first. Sadly there was no App to identify, that is using enormous amount of space like in my described problem. And "it's happening again".

Perhaps somebody might think I see ghost, but the exact Phenomenon is happening on my MacBook (Yosemite, 256GB SSD) - I did a fresh install when the final version arrived (participated at the Beta Program) and when everything was "sed up" there were about ~54 GB used - right now the space is waning and up to ~58.

On the other hand -> it looks like as if my iPad (second generation, 32GB and running iOS 8.1) DOES NOT have this problem.

All three systems are basically syncing the same (iMessage, eMail Accounts, Calendars...).

Am I just crazy?! :confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2