Black or white keyboard.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I was just curious which color of the iOS QuickType keyboard you guys like more, the black like when you search spotlight, or the white like when you type an SMS?

ctl904

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey is black

I know. I fooled around with several of the new keyboards for a while. I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy them as much as the stock iOS keyboard. I hope Apple eventually gives the option for a system-wide black theme keyboard. I know, #FirstWorldProblems

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Bloard is like only jailbreak tweak I miss, Was it hard to install cydia though ? and didnt care either for swiftkey myself everything tried just doesnt come close to stock.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but swift keys blows. Buggy, no keyboard shortcuts, no mic etc...

No need for shortcuts with predictive keyboards. I can type 3 of the first letters of my email address and it shows up in the word spot. The entire email address. You can use entire phrases or sentences several times and the predictive keyboard will remember. I do sentences by typing only words. No letters. I don't need shortcuts.

I prefer Black or dark.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
No need for shortcuts with predictive keyboards. I can type 3 of the first letters of my email address and it shows up in the word spot. The entire email address. You can use entire phrases or sentences several times and the predictive keyboard will remember. I do sentences by typing only words. No letters. I don't need shortcuts.

I prefer Black or dark.

I hate typing in acronyms. However I used to when I was younger because it was faster and thus, some phrases I'm just used to using acronyms for. Now I have keyboard shortcuts to turn ty into thank you automatically or btw into by the way. That's why I use keyboard shortcuts. Not to auto finish an email address.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Really wish we had the choice of the black or white as much prefer the black. Hope it's something they add.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hate typing in acronyms. However I used to when I was younger because it was faster and thus, some phrases I'm just used to using acronyms for. Now I have keyboard shortcuts to turn ty into thank you automatically or btw into by the way. That's why I use keyboard shortcuts. Not to auto finish an email address.
The email was an example. I can type 3 words just as fast as you can type 3 letters. That's my point. If you type "Thank you" several times, the predictive keyboard remembers it. So when you start to type, it offers the words. Using shortcuts is ok, but I ended up with too many and couldn't remember most of them. But typing a whole sentence by typing only words is neat.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The email was an example. I can type 3 words just as fast as you can type 3 letters. That's my point. If you type "Thank you" several times, the predictive keyboard remembers it. So when you start to type, it offers the words. Using shortcuts is ok, but I ended up with too many and couldn't remember most of them. But typing a whole sentence by typing only words is neat.

I understand you, I honestly think that's great, and am glad it's works good for you. However for me because I'm not really used to predictive text it's easier to just tap out a sentence and use atm, btw, or ty without even thinking about it and have it correctly type what I actually want.

I'm envious of people that use predictive text and type complete sentences at lightning speed but it'd take me so long to stop and think about it.

That's why I like keyboard shortcuts haha.

Oh and I don't really need to remember them because I have them set for things I use every day haha. That's why predictive text works better for you and shortcuts work better for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2