Why am I unable to SSH into iphone to Manually install cydia on IOS 8.1?

I

iMore Question

So i jail broke my iphone 5s today, and everything went fine, followed some instructions online, but when it came to SSH into my iphone and install cydia manually, (using CyberDuck) it never connects. ive tried using passwords like 'alpine' and 'dottie', but none work. i can confirm i have my devices RIGHT IP address, and my phone and PC are connected to the same WiFi. Please Help!

Reactions: sam007

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you still unable to SSH into your iPhone? If so, hopefully a knowledgeable member will be able to assist you soon. In the meantime, enjoy your day...:)

cp7

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
So i jail broke my iphone 5s today, and everything went fine, followed some instructions online, but when it came to SSH into my iphone and install cydia manually, (using CyberDuck) it never connects. ive tried using passwords like 'alpine' and 'dottie', but none work. i can confirm i have my devices RIGHT IP address, and my phone and PC are connected to the same WiFi. Please Help!

So you're getting a response when you ssh to your phone IP? (ie: prompt to accept the key and then going to password prompt?)

Also, try this

ssh root@ip

instead of

ssh ip

that should work.

David Shawn

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
i cant connect either been trying for 5 days now and am totally ******* pissed this peice of **** pangu is just bull****. i cant connect via ssh, i have open ssh on my iphone 6, i put my ip put default password and login **** still doesnt work says searching for host then times out with network error then retries to login, no ******* clue i didnt make the jailbreak but seriously pangu was desperate and this is trash of a way, making millions suffer that cant figure this **** out.

i_HackR

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Once you install cyperduck make sure your on SFTP type in IP address as is. Then under username enter "root" all lowercase & password "alpine" all lowercase it should connect

Once connected to install cydia via windows u have to create a folder under media named Cydia then a folder called AutoInstall inside Cydia folder paste Cydia files inside autoinstall folder reboot device you won't see Cydia the first time go back to cyber duck delete both autoinstall folder & Cydia folder & paste them in the root section then reboot device & Cydia should show up did this on 3 devices & it worked fine

iDivergent

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
i cant connect either been trying for 5 days now and am totally ******* pissed this peice of **** pangu is just bull****. i cant connect via ssh, i have open ssh on my iphone 6, i put my ip put default password and login **** still doesnt work says searching for host then times out with network error then retries to login, no ******* clue i didnt make the jailbreak but seriously pangu was desperate and this is trash of a way, making millions suffer that cant figure this **** out.
Why not the easy way in the latest pangu can you install cydia right away in the pangu app

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
you Probably figured it out but you need to install shh file from the big boss repo.

If you're going to bump an old thread, please use SOME common sense while doing so. There have been multilple jailbreak tools released since this post. All of them work much better than what was happening. And, your answer doesn't work. You "install ssh(not shh) file from the big boss repo" THROUGH Cydia. The question they're asking is how to use SSH to install Cydia. If they're unable to install Cydia, it makes absolutely no sense to tell them how to perform this task through Cydia.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2