If text message forwarding isn't working for you, try this:

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings->Messages->Send&Receive and make sure your iCloud email address is checked. Ask for another code and hopefully it works.

Thanks to the person on Apple forums for this suggestion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings->Messages->Send&Receive and make sure your iCloud email address is checked. Ask for another code and hopefully it works.

Thanks to the person on Apple forums for this suggestion.

Ask who for what code?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Ask who for what code?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Receiving regular text messages on your iPad or Macbook with OS X Yosemite. When you turn on text messaging forwarding on your iPhone, it says the device that you want to pair will display a code. Many users are requesting such a code and it is not appearing on said device. Checking your iCloud email address in Send and Receive cleared up the issue with me and my Macbook finally gave me a code.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Receiving regular text messages on your iPad or Macbook with OS X Yosemite. When you turn on text messaging forwarding on your iPhone, it says the device that you want to pair will display a code. Many users are requesting such a code and it is not appearing on said device. Checking your iCloud email address in Send and Receive cleared up the issue with me and my Macbook finally gave me a code.

Checked icloud email no message/code received.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Checked icloud email no message/code received.

To enable "Text Message Forwarding", both (all) devices must be signed into the same iCloud account and connected to the same WiFi network. You set the SMS Message Forwarding from your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages
2. Tap Text Message Forwarding
3. Turn on forwarding for the computers/tablets that you want to use
4. Each computer/ tablet will get a popup with a 6 digit code
5. Enter that code to activate the Text Message Forwarding on that computer/tablet

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The other thing I tried was to turn off iMessage on both devices and turn them back on and then restart my phone as text message forwarding wasn't listed so it might be a combination of these and the above; I'm not sure. Worth a try though! Good luck!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
To enable "Text Message Forwarding", both (all) devices must be signed into the same iCloud account and connected to the same WiFi network. You set the SMS Message Forwarding from your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages
2. Tap Text Message Forwarding
3. Turn on forwarding for the computers/tablets that you want to use
4. Each computer/ tablet will get a popup with a 6 digit code
5. Enter that code to activate the Text Message Forwarding on that computer/tablet

The problem with that is that the code isn't popping up for some of us no matter how many times we use those steps.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. Not working for me with Ipad and IPhone. Both devices on same wifi, and signed into same icloud account. The code never shows up on the iPad. Is it supposed to be a pop-up notification, iMessage, email ??

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. Not working for me with Ipad and IPhone. Both devices on same wifi, and signed into same icloud account. The code never shows up on the iPad. Is it supposed to be a pop-up notification, iMessage, email ??

It’s an alert popup on the device. It looks exactly like the messages that you get when you add a new device to your iCloud account. I just deactivated SMS Forwarding on my iPad Mini and re-added it. Here's the popup:

View attachment 68972

qnelson#CB

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
What worked for me was to sign out of iCloud on on my devices and delete all content. I than signed backed in with my iCloud email instead of my iTunes email on all devices. You have to use use your iCloud or Me email. After I did that everything automatically started connecting. I'm now receiving SMS messages on all devices.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This is what I get on the iPhone but nothing pops up on iPad.

Yeah, that is the first/last step. The popup in my screenshot is the middle piece.

I’m curious to see what you have in your Messages app for "You Can Be Reached by iMessage At" setting on both devices. It should include the same phone number and the same email address".

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that is the first/last step. The popup in my screenshot is the middle piece.

I?m curious to see what you have in your Messages app for "You Can Be Reached by iMessage At" setting on both devices. It should include the same phone number and the same email address".
I think you identified the problem for me. The phone number was grayed out on the iPad. As soon as I activated tapped on it a check mark appeared next to the phone number and the I got the code.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I made my iCloud email address available for iMessage and the OP's method worked. I was able to disable the iCloud email address and it has continued working.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
There is no "Text Message Forwarding" option. I am really starting to hate this. What happened to "It just works"?

I'm assuming you have restarted your phone already. Are both your devices configured to Send and Receive from your iCloud account in Messages under Settings? It doesn't show the Text Messaging Forwarding if you only have one device registered with your iCloud account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen