iOS 8.1 + iPad Air = odd navigation gesture behaviour

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1 this morning, chose not to enjoy the 8.1 beta this time round.

I'm finding on my iPad that four finger Swype gestures are unreliable with 8.1 so far, I've rebooted and made sure that all apps were closed. I've also turned gesture support in settings off and on again.

Anyone else?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an iPad Air to test iOS 8.1 on, but I do plan on updating my Mini within the next few days. Anyway, hopefully, more members will chime in soon.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1 this morning, chose not to enjoy the 8.1 beta this time round.

I'm finding on my iPad that four finger Swype gestures are unreliable with 8.1 so far, I've rebooted and made sure that all apps were closed. I've also turned gesture support in settings off and on again.

Anyone else?

8.0.2 had that problem. I can't remember if 8.0 had it as well. The gestures would stop working. If you turn it on and off in settings, it works again. It is annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Seems that after a day of usage this has come good. I've also experienced the "stopped" working bug in the past, this one was a little different, it was a "sorta" working kind of issue.

I'm going to put it down to upgrade oddness. Thanks for the help all.