Are their any keyboard apps built in for quick reply from lock screen?

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Custom keyboard for quick reply

I mean isn't this available for developers in their iOS 8 developer kit? I see updates coming for keyboards but no quick reply option

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Been discussed on here before. Currently it is not possible IF you have a lock code enabled. This has to do with Apples security and nothing to do with app developers. If you dont have any security enabled on your phone then you can use 3rd party keyboard.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I imagine in the coming weeks/months some dev will develop a "quick reply" custom keyboard. With Apple's release of keyboard and widget options on the new iOS8 I feel there are a lot of new apps on the way.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Been discussed on here before. Currently it is not possible IF you have a lock code enabled. This has to do with Apples security and nothing to do with app developers. If you dont have any security enabled on your phone then you can use 3rd party keyboard.

Are you sure about this?

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

So i amassuming apple prefers their own keyboard anytime passcodes are being entered in even in apps and safari it switches to apple keyboard

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Like not being able to use 3rd party keyboard on the lockscreen made me incredibly sad. Was the feature I was most excited about, with quick reply being a close 2nd. Hopefully in time they fix that. If not I know a jailbreak tweak will :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal