Unable too connect Bluetooth from iPhone 6 plus to mac

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I am having this same issue now. It used to work perfectly too. I called Apple Care and they said that I should never pair an iPhone to a MacBook. Does this make any sense? Any help or insight would be appreciated. I'm thinking about calling back and seeing if I can get someone else to help.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I really only had it for ease of use of iPhoto. Take a pic on my phone and it would go right into iPhoto on my MacBook. I was told that now I have to go into iCloud under the Shared section and look at it in My Photo Stream. It's not important, but I was just wondering why I couldn't get them to pair. I was getting network errors and errors saying my MBA wasn't a supported device.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I guess when it was working it wasn't supposed to be working! LOL

Everything is good now that I understand how it's supposed to be used. Thanks for the help. :)

Fernando Scheps

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I am in the same boat here. I am trying to pair my iPhone 6 to my rMBP 15 (late 2013) and they cant pair. The message is very strange:

"Connection Unsuccessful, XXXXX MacBook PRo not supported, Forget Device"

I am trying to share the Wifi my Mac is connected to, over Bluetooth so that I can browse through my iPhone. This doesn't seem to be a so crazy thing what I am trying to do. And the message doesn't make any sense....It sounds like an Apple glitch, I am using iOS 8.3 and OSX 10.10.3.

ajg23

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
for what it's worth, I couldn't get an iPhone 6+ and an iPhone 6S+ to pair to a couple of macs, but when I enabled Personal Hotspot on a given iPhone and connected to hotspot (from bluetooth symbol on menu), it seemed to fix the pairing problem!

[on one of the phones I did install authy before starting this, but I didn't really know what I was doing and I'm 99% sure it didn't do anything...]

monika foster

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
when you try to airdrop photos don't let the phone time out or go to sleep, i did that and it failed the second time i sent photos via airdrop i kept my finger on the screen so it wouldn't time out and was finished sending..it delivered the photos to another phone perfectly..about 75 photos

cccccc

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
IMG_1572.png

I am getting same issue. My iPhone 5C is not scanning surrounding bluetooth peripherals. What is the problem? Please help me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods