How do I sync my Gmail contacts with my iCloud contacts?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
iCloud Contact Sync with Gmail contacts

So on yesterday I happily jumped back over the iPhone and iOS. I used this text editor tool to change the vCard version of my exported google contacts to Version 3.0 so they could be added to iCloud. Last night, I was setting up my favorites for 'Do Not Disturb' and noticed some contacts were missing. So, I turned off contact sync from the cloud and am just using google for now. Does anyone know of a way to have those google contacts sync with iCloud and basically overwrite what's in iCloud?

I hope this makes sense. :D

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iCloud Contact Sync

Nope I always imported a csv file and then edit it via icloud.com via browser or just edit them on the phone.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Just remember Google and iCloud have different field layout... So that could cause problems.

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Nope I always imported a csv file and then edit it via icloud.com via browser or just edit them on the phone.

That's exactly how I transferred mine, I didn't know any other way since I just returned to iOS. It worked just fine.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: iCloud Contact Sync with Gmail contacts

Went to google.com/contacts and created a vcf and that seems to have worked. Don't know why the vcf I created directly from the Moto X was borked. No matter...got all my contacts synced to iCloud now

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro