Anybody else experiencing this iOS8 music app bug re: metadata, and is there a fix?

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone-

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.0.2, and I have an easily reproducible bug on the music app.

I had an album with the following metadata:

Artist X
Album Y
Year 2014

I then realized the year should have been 2013. So, I changed it, and re-synced my phone. During the sync process, I saw the updated files transfer over. However, when I go into the music app, it still shows 2014. In iTunes, it shows 2013, so I know the change took effect.

So, I removed the album temporarily from iTunes, and re-synced my phone. Now, the album was completely removed from my phone.

I then put the album back into iTunes and synced again. It's now back on my iPhone, yet STILL shows 2014.

This was frustrating and I could not figure out how to fix it, so I decided to see if I could reproduce it with another album. It happens every time.

It does not happen if you change artist name or album name. If you change those, it works properly. I have not tried testing it with other types of metadata, like track numbers or genres, but it happens every time with changing the year.

Anyone else notice this, and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone-

I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.0.2, and I have an easily reproducible bug on the music app.

I had an album with the following metadata:

Artist X
Album Y
Year 2014

I then realized the year should have been 2013. So, I changed it, and re-synced my phone. During the sync process, I saw the updated files transfer over. However, when I go into the music app, it still shows 2014. In iTunes, it shows 2013, so I know the change took effect.

So, I removed the album temporarily from iTunes, and re-synced my phone. Now, the album was completely removed from my phone.

I then put the album back into iTunes and synced again. It's now back on my iPhone, yet STILL shows 2014.

This was frustrating and I could not figure out how to fix it, so I decided to see if I could reproduce it with another album. It happens every time.

It does not happen if you change artist name or album name. If you change those, it works properly. I have not tried testing it with other types of metadata, like track numbers or genres, but it happens every time with changing the year.

Anyone else notice this, and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

My suggestion would be to provide feedback to Apple:

[URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html#mn_p]Apple - iTunes - Feedback[/URL]

GadgetGuru72

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My suggestion would be to provide feedback to Apple:

[URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html#mn_p]Apple - iTunes - Feedback[/URL]

Thanks. I have actually already submitted feedback. However, I'm not going to hold my breath for a software-based fix. If it comes at all, I'm sure it will be a long wait. That's why I'm hoping someone here knows a workaround.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner