Why can I play Podcast app in the background why using my iPad?

saymes

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Podcast app no longer plays in background

Hi guys. I like to listen to podcasts while I am doing other things on my iPad. Since 8, neither the Twit Pro app that I use nor the Apple Podcasts app continue to play while in the background. Are there any apps that still play in the background? Or is it an ios8 restriction and I am out of luck? Thanks for any help.

Update: found the answer while fooling around. The audio will pause when it goes to the background but I can start it again from Control Center. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Podcast app no longer plays in background

No such issues here with either the Podcast or Music app on my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0.2.

nhfilz

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Podcast app no longer plays in background

Hi guys. I like to listen to podcasts while I am doing other things on my iPad. Since 8, neither the Twit Pro app that I use nor the Apple Podcasts app continue to play while in the background. Are there any apps that still play in the background? Or is it an ios8 restriction and I am out of luck? Thanks for any help.

Update: found the answer while fooling around. The audio will pause when it goes to the background but I can start it again from Control Center. Thanks for looking.

Just stumbled upon this thread, after jailbreaking my iPhone 6, this started happening with no explanation. It's definitely not the way that the functionality is supposed to be working. But your workaround saved me from reverting back to stock and trying to flush out the tweak/mod that caused it.

Cheers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234