Is it safe to upgrade to iCloud Drive without the headache of losing anything?

GeminiMarz

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't own any other apple device other than iP6, therefore; I'm not concerned with Continuity feature. With that said, is it safe to upgrade to iCloud Drive without the headache of losing anything?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but as always, take the necessary precautions and create a backup of your data beforehand.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I do as D suggest. I have all my photos, videos, gifs, and documents stored in Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. I'll also use iCloud Drive and Shared Photo Stream.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I am the same as yourself with only one device .i upgraded thinking they it would be the same as it was ,with the added advantage of a place I could store or save a file to ,

So far all I have found is that it does not save my photos at all , their does not be a way of accessing it apart from a pc . How do you access it from a phone ? I can't get anything to store in it unless I do it on a pc

Can anyone help with this issue or do I need 8.1 before it will work ?

On the file subject
Their does not appear to be a save button on the iPhone to allow you to save a document ,I can open files in programs but how can I save them ? Unless I share them via email etc

Thanks in advance

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am the same as yourself with only one device .i upgraded thinking they it would be the same as it was ,with the added advantage of a place I could store or save a file to ,
iCloud Drive is not like DropBox, etc. as of yet.

So far all I have found is that it does not save my photos at all , their does not be a way of accessing it apart from a pc . How do you access it from a phone ? I can't get anything to store in it unless I do it on a pc
You will need an app that has been updated to support iCloud Drive. Within that app, there will be an "export to iCloud Drive" option. With it, you should see all of your folders within iCloud Drive and you will be able to choose which folder to access. At your convenience, please read the article via the following link in regard to iCloud Drive.

Clearing up the iCloud Drive confusion: No, there's no iCloud Drive app on iOS! | iMore

Can anyone help with this issue or do I need 8.1 before it will work ?

On the file subject
Their does not appear to be a save button on the iPhone to allow you to save a document ,I can open files in programs but how can I save them ? Unless I share them via email etc

Thanks in advance
You will need to have an app like GoodReader, Documents 5, etc., to be able to "save" a document.

apple_power_user

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I do as D suggest. I have all my photos, videos, gifs, and documents stored in Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. I'll also use iCloud Drive and Shared Photo Stream.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

+1. Exactly my setup with the addition of iTunes Match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edmilan

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
+1 for the backup. I upgraded to iCloud drive with my iwork documents intact. But i lost all my GarageBand files, the stuff i made. Didn't have any backups of my GarageBand files though :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro