Is it okay to have lots of apps on your iPhone?

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Apps

Issit okay to have lots of apps in ur phone?

Don't worry, installing apps won't slow down your iPhone as is the case with android devices. Enjoy your iPhone. 😊
P.S. I currently have 112 apps installed on my iPhone and 176 on my iPod touch 5th gen.

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Apps

Don't worry, installing apps won't slow down your iPhone as is the case with android devices. Enjoy your iPhone. 😊
P.S. I currently have 112 apps installed on my iPhone and 176 on my iPod touch 5th gen.

Just curious why bring android into this conversation that was intended to be an apple question.

And which android are you talking about? There are many androids that are quite slow and many that are very fast

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Apps

See I like my iPhone 6 cause it's great for me. I'd never however call a galaxy s5, note 4 or G3 slow or garbage because I'd look foolish

Grouping android devices into one category doesn't work they have so many different ranged phones from low end to high end.

To answer this question though no you shouldn't have to worry about having lots of apps just make sure not to have a ton running in the background when they aren't being used

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
re:

Just curious why bring android into this conversation that was intended to be an apple question.

And which android are you talking about? There are many androids that are quite slow and many that are very fast

Cos that's the reason why most of the people ask this question; my experience so far at least. And I've been a Note2 n S4 user.
No hard feeling for android lovers though. 😊

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

Cos that's the reason why most of the people ask this question; my experience so far at least. And I've been a Note2 n S4 user.
No hard feeling for android lovers though. 😊

So by coming out and saying it's better than an android is helping the question in any sort of way?

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
re:

So by coming out and saying it's better than an android is helping the question in any sort of way?

That's the thing, i never said which is better as it depends on one's definition of good and bad so is purely subjective.
I said it to convey across the point that if op has been an android user and asking therefore, he needs not worry. I was also under the same impression when moved to iPhone having used blackberry and android for yrs.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

The OP's question was in regard to having lots of apps on installed on a phone, and not an Android vs iPhone debate so let's keep the conversation on topic please. Thanks...:)

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Re:

The OP's question was in regard to having lots of apps on installed on a phone, and not an Android vs iPhone debate so let's keep the conversation on topic please. Thanks...:)

You're right but op indeed was asking about having many apps installed on an iPhone else why would he post here! 😊

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Won't hurt at all as long as you have the storage space for it. A couple of things to keep in mind though:

- Many apps store data in iCloud, so you may run out of space there more quickly as well.
- Some apps request to run in the background. Make sure you manage these permissions to ensure that your battery life stays nominal.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have 139 downloaded apps currently on my iPhone 5. 35 of those are photography apps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73