Why do email disappear from my iPhone 4S running iOS 8.0.2 when I my iPad is connected?

nvknow1

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't have to actually read them on the iPad for them to disappear. If it is just connected to WiFi I never see them on the iPhone. I'm using the native app. My provider is TDS (which is gmail behind the scenes) This is a big problem since I sometimes won't know it happened for days. Thank you for your collective wisdom.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore nvknow1

How do you have your account set up and are deleting the emails after you read them on your iPad?

nvknow1

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean about how my account is set up. There was no problem until about 2 weeks ago. I don't have to open an email on my iPad for it to not show on my iPhone. The way I discovered the problem was when a friend told me they sent an email I requested but it wasn't on my iPhone. Two days later I found it when I opened my iPad.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Why do email disappear from my iPhone 4S running iOS 8.0.2 when I my iPad is ...

I'm not familiar with gmail but the reason I asked is that some accounts are set up to delete when read and I wasn't sure if your settings were similar

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Just finished reading thru some iOS 8 threads and found some reports of email bugs associated with certain email providers. Hopefully these issues will be resolved with the next update

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73