Notification Center - Notifications now showing up

dkp23

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
So i just returned to using an iphone after 5 years so i really had much experience with the notification center.

using iphone 6+

Some apps seem to not show up on the notifcation center or it is a hit and miss.

Groupme is one, sometimes it will show up on it and sometimes now

Same with Outlook OWA, i dont think it has showed up once on my notification center when receiving new emails.

The settings are correct i believe.

Gropu me has allow notifications with set to 10 showing, sound off, badge on and show on lock on

Outlook OWA allow notifications on, set at 5, sound off, badge on and show on lock off.

Yet i can't seem to get groupme on it consistently and can't get outlook at all.

I've experienced the android notification center which pulls everything and i also experienced the action center for windows phone which pulls everything as well, but ios version seems to be inconsistent.

Any tips?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you go to Settings - Notification and then go through the settings associated with each of the listed apps and make sure that "Allow Notifications" is turned on for each of the ones you want notifications for. Also check make sure that "show in Notification Center" is set appropriately for you.

dkp23

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I recommend you go to Settings - Notification and then go through the settings associated with each of the listed apps and make sure that "Allow Notifications" is turned on for each of the ones you want notifications for. Also check make sure that "show in Notification Center" is set appropriately for you.

All the settings are correct, i went into to each specific app i referenced in my original post and the allow notifications is on. Once you turn it off, all the other settings go away, so i am able to set certain things like no sound, banner, and lock screen which means they are on. All are set to show 5 in the notification center as well.

So those are all set, yet the emails do not show up on notification center. Groupme is inconsistent at best.

So either notification center does not update real time like androids/windows phone or notification center doesnt work properly for some apps.

I did multiple tests using two email accounts and a was unable to get it to show on notification center, but set one to show on lock screen which it did pop up. If it pops up on the lock screen, assume it shows on notification center too? yet it doesnt.

Curious if everybody is getting all notifications for all apps configured to show on notification center, from my experience, it is inconsistent. The one thing that consistently shows is when it tells me i've updated apps. Also I get ESPN updates even though i turned them off which is odd.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73