How do I use Newsstand subscriptions with family sharing?

Andre_P

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Newstand subscriptions and family sharing

Does anyone know how to use newsstand subscriptions with family sharing? The family member can see the free magazine app in my list of purchased apps. But, once downloaded and in the magazine app how do you share your subscription.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Newstand subscriptions and family sharing

I would imagine that subscriptions work the same as "in-app" purchases which are not "shareable".

Andre_P

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

"With Family Sharing, one adult in the family—the family organizer—agrees to pay for any iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases that other family members initiate while they're part of the family group. This also includes ongoing subscription purchases initiated by family members, such as iCloud storage, iTunes Match, and Newsstand subscriptions."

So I'm then assuming a family member can purchase subscriptions but not shared?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

"With Family Sharing, one adult in the family—the family organizer—agrees to pay for any iTunes, iBooks, and App Store purchases that other family members initiate while they're part of the family group. This also includes ongoing subscription purchases initiated by family members, such as iCloud storage, iTunes Match, and Newsstand subscriptions."

So I'm then assuming a family member can purchase subscriptions but not shared?

What happens if a Family member takes out an iCloud Storage Subscription before being added to Family sharing, will the Organizer get billed for the Family Members subscription or will the Family member still get billed for it?

Roland

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR