Size of "OTHER" space on IOS 8 is 2.3 gigs. Possible way to reduce it?

rgm1266

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the size of "other" space on my iPhone 6 w/IOS 8 is getting bigger. It's now 2/3gigs. Is anybody else noticing that this space is getting larger?

Is there a way to reduce the size of the "other" space?

Thanks

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the size of "other" space on my iPhone 6 w/IOS 8 is getting bigger. It's now 2/3gigs. Is anybody else noticing that this space is getting larger?

Is there a way to reduce the size of the "other" space?

Thanks

Go to:

Settings > Usage > (Storage Section) Manage Storage to see what is using the most storage.

The info provided is storage usage for both the app and it’s data. Find the larger use items and delete them as necessary/desired. Understand that this action will remove the app and all settings - including any game progress or related data.

To delete apps/storage from this screen, tap on the line showing the App name and storage used, then tap Delete App from the subsequently displayed page.

Last edited:

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
And to that point - if you are one of those people who are considered "sms hoarders". I would check that first. Any image that is sent over message is stored in multiple dbs thus inflating your messages storage.

I have seen some people get considerable amount of space back with some general housekeeping.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR