Google Now on iOS 8/iPhone 6 Plus

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Is Google Now bonked for you all as well? Running 8.0.2 on a 6+.

When launching it, there is a delay and stutter. Anyone else experiencing this?

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
For what it does, it does it great. Which is why I am kinda bummed it seems to be broken. It is nice to see as the days go by that devs are updating for the 6/6+.

taker888

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Mines load then when you try to scroll down to your cards it freezes, then after 20-30 secs, it comes back alive only to lag and stutter. Guess that's coming off. I only used Google Now anyway to replace Siri with Activator when jailbroken.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
If you are encountering lag with Google Now in the Google app go to location settings and set it so the app can use your location all the time. I got some lag last night when using it and then a message appeared saying to enable location. I think if you have it set to only use location "while using the app" then it lags when you launch the app as it searches for your location.

surfhound101

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Google Now is very slow and choppy for me. I hope they get this fixed. I love my iPhone 6 Plus but Siri might be the worst piece of software Apple has ever released. It's simply awful.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
My Google Now is working fine but I've never updated from 8.0.0. I wish we could get a Google Now widget!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Joe Tischer

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I went from a Nexus 5 to the new iPhone 6, and I will say it's laggy for me too considering how it worked in the Android ecosystem. I'm sure it's expected since it should run better natively, but it does run really laggy an choppy..Infact, most of the Google apps do. I love Google+, but for me scrolling is choppy/stuttery for me also..

Being back in iOS after a few years, have the Google apps always been this way, or is it due to the higher resoluton/incompatibilties/ios8.02?

Thanks

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I went from a Nexus 5 to the new iPhone 6, and I will say it's laggy for me too considering how it worked in the Android ecosystem. I'm sure it's expected since it should run better natively, but it does run really laggy an choppy..Infact, most of the Google apps do. I love Google+, but for me scrolling is choppy/stuttery for me also..

Being back in iOS after a few years, have the Google apps always been this way, or is it due to the higher resoluton/incompatibilties/ios8.02?

Thanks

No they havent. On my 5S they were all smooth with no lag. Pretty sure it's an iOS 8 thing/resolution issue. Anxiously waiting fixes.

robschertzer

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes!!! It's as if Apple figured out a way to completely cripple Google Now on my iPhone 6 Plus. I hope a fix is in the works.

Is Google Now bonked for you all as well? Running 8.0.2 on a 6+.

When launching it, there is a delay and stutter. Anyone else experiencing this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen