What does existing every app on IOS do for you?

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All,

I am new to IOS and wonder if I should or need to exist every app after using it? Double click on the button the swiping is kind of getting on my nerves.

Thanks,
A.B.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi AB. I do not bother with closing out of apps via the multitasking bar brought up by double tapping. The iphone and iOS is designed to use intelligent memory in regard to these apps. Efficiencies are maintained even without going and closing out each app after use. Doing so has not made an impact on either my battery life, or phone performance.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You don't need to close them all manually, iOS handles it in the background. Apps which you don't use will get in the background, freeze or will be closed automatically but still remains in the switcher. So if you're not annoyed by the apps in the switcher then just leave them there.

It also consumes more battery if you close apps all the time and open them again (I read).

Just close apps manually which costumes battery or uses GPS, compass etc., e.g. Google Maps, iOS Maps, Navigation apps like from TomTom, Navigon etc.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
All,

I am new to IOS and wonder if I should or need to exist every app after using it? Double click on the button the swiping is kind of getting on my nerves.

Thanks,
A.B.

As finn5975 mentioned the advancements in tech that you don't need to close the apps and the software is intelligent enough to kill the processes if running low on resources.

One recommendation I have is to turn off background refresh and kill navigation apps when not using.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen