Best 'widget' apps?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
21c8b2b4e1cfd5f909684ef302cf62ae.jpg

My top 3: Fantastical 2, Yahoo! Weather and Verizon. Further down you'll see Stocks, Bloomberg Business, TeeVee and iMore.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
My top widgets for jailbroken phones has to be practical and simple and beautifully fit onto the home screens for each page.

Translucent sidebar Nux for quick 5 day forecast and date.
30 day quicklook Calendar widget. Google search bar for quick searches like androids and stride for current weather forecast and icon.

iMoreAppImg_20160106_134216.jpg
iMoreAppImg_20160106_134241.jpg
iMoreAppImg_20160106_134227.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My top widgets for jailbroken phones has to be practical and simple and beautifully fit onto the home screens for each page.

Translucent sidebar Nux for quick 5 day forecast and date.
30 day quicklook Calendar widget. Google search bar for quick searches like androids and stride for current weather forecast and icon.

View attachment 100558
View attachment 100560
View attachment 100559

Honestly, those screenshots look a lot like Android. That's not where I want to be. I still want my iPhone to be an iPhone.

Just my opinion of course. Glad you like it.

Michol Kim

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Oh god no! I hate the look of the Android yet i love simplicity of googles widget search bar to find things without opening apps. I also got sick of the limited iphone uniform conformity to look the same so i wanted the freedom to be creative and use both Apple and android positives and strip away the negatives. If only apple allowed nonjailbroken users more freedom to express creative themes yet limit the chaos that runs on android. It's a fine line but Ao far i love this setup and maybe one day I'll change it up to again to something else.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh god no! I hate the look of the Android yet i love simplicity of googles widget search bar to find things without opening apps. I also got sick of the limited iphone uniform conformity to look the same so i wanted the freedom to be creative and use both Apple and android positives and strip away the negatives. If only apple allowed nonjailbroken users more freedom to express creative themes yet limit the chaos that runs on android. It's a fine line but Ao far i love this setup and maybe one day I'll change it up to again to something else.

I agree. I would probably jailbreak just to get rid of that ugly shaded dock and put my weather sets on the lock screen.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Is there a way to use a different search than Google?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Love using Heapo and Clips as clipboard managers, so I can have multiple items available to copy and paste!

And Workflow gives me a "YouTube to MP3" button right in my Notification Center!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Love using Heapo and Clips as clipboard managers, so I can have multiple items available to copy and paste!

And Workflow gives me a "YouTube to MP3" button right in my Notification Center!

I like KuaiBoard for clipboard use. It's really cool. A new version comes out soon that's super neat. It has dynamic time/date clips. I'm beta testing it now. So this date is sent with one tap.
5/16/16, 12:23 PM

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone :) i guess i like iMore here is my current widgets but someone please move this cool topic to iOS 9 section plz:

Attachments

• IMG0164.JPG
    IMG0164.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro