Best 'widget' apps?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can give it a try. I set the locations up, and I would use the locations and maps manually.
I know it's a paid app, so I don't want to mislead you.
Than you find you're in the same boat as I, it works at times.
eWeather HD is now all I use, the radar, and forecast has always been spot on.
So if you were to pay for a weather app, I would suggest that one.
As said, I am not a fan of the widget, but it's not a deal breaker for me.
Everything else works, and it has a beautiful interface. I love the realistic look of the icons.
Good luck.
I've had eWeather HD for a long time. I love the animations. And the clock widget is cool and different. I got it free with a promo code. I'd really like Radar Scope. But I just can't bring myself to pay $9.99 for a weather map. I may though.
RadarScope by Base Velocity, LLC
https://appsto.re/us/t3omr.i

So I hold off on NOAA Radar Pro. Both are in my wish list.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had eWeather HD for a long time. I love the animations. And the clock widget is cool and different. I got it free with a promo code. I'd really like Radar Scope. But I just can't bring myself to pay $9.99 for a weather map. I may though.
RadarScope by Base Velocity, LLC
https://appsto.re/us/t3omr.i

So I hold off on NOAA Radar Pro. Both are in my wish list.

RadarScope looks nice, but I agree. $10 for an app is a lot.
I do remember when I had my BB. Berry weather was $10. I paid for the app, and it did not disappoint.
I paid for a few of the weather apps. And when it does not work correctly, it's a waste of money.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I do remember when I had my BB. Berry weather was $10. I paid for the app, and it did not disappoint.
I paid for a few of the weather apps. And when it does not work correctly, it's a waste of money.
I paid $9.99 for 1Password. But it was sort of a stocking stuffer at Christmas from my wife. I don't recall paying more than $3 for any other app.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I still use BerryWeather (BeWeather) on both of my devices. It's one of my favorite apps. I was lucky enough to catch it on sale for $4.99 back in my BB days. I have approx 30 custom weather sets. Oh how I wish I was able to use them on my iPhone's lock screen without having to be jailbroken. It has been well worth the money over the years.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I still use BerryWeather (BeWeather) on both of my devices. It's one of my favorite apps. I was lucky enough to catch it on sale for $4.99 back in my BB days. I have approx 30 custom weather sets. Oh how I wish I was able to use them on my iPhone's lock screen without having to be jailbroken. It has been well worth the money over the years.

I used BeWeather many years ago in my BB days. I also purchased it for iOS, but found it severely lacking. I have since deleted it from my device. Also, Pfluger (the developer) was pretty active here for a bit right after the app launched for iOS, but he made the comment that he was pulling it from the App Store to rework it, and never returned.

I just chalked it up to a "lesson learned".

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing is, the app still sits in your purchased apps. But it doesn't download.
It's too bad Berryweather was a failure in iOS.
It to was one of my favorite apps, during my BB days.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I used BeWeather many years ago in my BB days. I also purchased it for iOS, but found it severely lacking. I have since deleted it from my device. Also, Pfluger (the developer) was pretty active here for a bit right after the app launched for iOS, but he made the comment that he was pulling it from the App Store to rework it, and never returned.

Yea I know. His hands was "tied" so to speak. Apple would only allow certain applications within the app to be used on iOS. I decided to keep it in hopes of one day BeWeather would be done right on iOS....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413244859.543200.jpg

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5s
using Tapatalk

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I guess I was wrong. I am able to download the app.
For awhile there it would sit in limbo.
I also never knew you could remove the clock from the home screen, until I saw your screen shot. Thanks

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I guess I was wrong. I am able to download the app.
For awhile there it would sit in limbo.

I never deleted it. Even though BeWeather wasn't as good on iOS compared to BB and Android, it was still a lot better than other weather app on iOS (IMO).

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Funny thing is, the app still sits in your purchased apps. But it doesn't download.
It's too bad Berryweather was a failure in iOS.
It to was one of my favorite apps, during my BB days.

I just re-downloaded it to my phone. It’s NOT available in the App Store, but if it’s in your Purchased apps, you can still download it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea I know. His hands was "tied" so to speak. Apple would only allow certain applications within the app to be used on iOS. I decided to keep it in hopes of one day BeWeather would be done right on iOS....

Not sure how his hands were "tied". What was he wanting to do that Apple would not allow him to do? All of these other weather apps can get info (as I recall, BeWeather used Weather Underground as its weather source). I’d really like to hear more.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how his hands were "tied". What was he wanting to do that Apple would not allow him to do? All of these other weather apps can get info (as I recall, BeWeather used Weather Underground as its weather source). I’d really like to hear more.

I get all of my weather info with BeWeather (animations, radar, icon badge, cities ect.). I think it had something to with ...BeWeather sets and it looked a lot like Yahoo Weather.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think he was also trying to put the weather on the lock screen (see screenshot below). That would have been NICE
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413247662.543356.jpg

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5s
using Tapatalk

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

I was one of the unfortunate ones who paid up but could never get the Temp Badge to display.
Also a former BB user of this app.
I deleted it.
Good Luck

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I was one of the unfortunate ones who paid up but could never get the Temp Badge to display.
Also a former BB user of this app.
I deleted it.
Good Luck

I just reinstalled it to see if it was possible - in response to a comment that it could not be done. I have since deleted it. I don’t need "good luck". I loved the app on BB many years ago. But the iOS version has issues.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
With the exception of "weather on lock screen", BeWeather has worked well on my 5s including the icon temperature badge.

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
You can use the Launcher app with its widget to use URL-Schemes or open Apps directly from Notification Center.

You can for example create different actions which will be available as icons like:
1. Open fantastical
2. Open fantastical and create a new event
3. Open fantastical and create a new reminder

Just try it, it works awesome. I use it to create entries with other apps like Week cal, OmniFocus, Drafts etc.

If you have any questions or problems with the URL-schemes then just ask, I can help you to set it up right 😊

Link to Launcher app:
?Launcher - Favorites at your Fingertips? from Cromulent Labs
https://appsto.re/de/iLR81.i

All,

I am unable to find Launcher app. Help!

A.B.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR