Best 'widget' apps?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple decided there are 25 hours in a day and that the world is square: Micro-managing maniacs!... But I still love my iphone :)
Exactly. And me too! And I still have Launcher. I even downloaded it to my wife's phone, and she doesn't know it's there. :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out how I missed the Launcher Widget App. I hope Apple brings it back. Maybe we should start a petition....SMILE

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately they've pulled the in app purchase.
I just set it up on my Wife's phone. I had already purchased the in app. So I go to "restore purchase" in her app, and I put in my Apple password, and at first it says there's a problem. Try again. So I try again and get the same. Third time goes through. So my Wife has the in app now too. I honestly didn't think it would work. :)

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I got it too. I like that it shows weather close to home. Most show the weather here 20 miles away at the airport. weather underground shows it right in my neighborhood.

I've had WU for some time, but on the 2nd page in a Weather folder. Now that it has cool widgets, it's in my Today screen. Have the Weather and the Weather Map enabled there.

In some ways having the Widget functionality reduces my desire to have a badge icon. Now I can just as easily check temp and radar from today rather than having to open up the app. Something I enjoyed for years on Android. Glad to finally see Apple bring out widget and related functionality.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had WU for some time, but on the 2nd page in a Weather folder. Now that it has cool widgets, it's in my Today screen. Have the Weather and the Weather Map enabled there.

In some ways having the Widget functionality reduces my desire to have a badge icon. Now I can just as easily check temp and radar from today rather than having to open up the app. Something I enjoyed for years on Android. Glad to finally see Apple bring out widget and related functionality.

I agree, now if they would do something with that awful looking ..."dock"

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I haven't enabled the map yet. I'll wait for a storm.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have a screenshot to share of The Weather Channel widget? I have the TWC Max app on my 6+, just wondering how the widget looks.

Here's what my NC looks like now:

And here are my options to add/edit:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
At first I did not see the need for Launcher, but today I test drove it at the gym and it was a very convenient way to switch to a different app. I know you can double tap the home button or just swipe through pages, but I feel like using the widget was more efficient.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
At first I did not see the need for Launcher, but today I test drove it at the gym and it was a very convenient way to switch to a different app. I know you can double tap the home button or just swipe through pages, but I feel like using the widget was more efficient.

That's why I miss Jailbreak and tweaks like Zephyr and Auxo 2, which let's you swipe up the screen to go to the switcher instead of double tapping and you can launch any app and action from almost everywhere

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Found my answer:

"Apple has taken Launcher off of the App Store. We tried to avoid this, but Apple decided to disallow widgets with our functionality."

From Launcher Twitter page. App still works but after 8.0.2 update I can't add system shortcuts anymore like "keyboard", etc.

That is a real joke, IMO the best new app on IOS and Apple pulls it. I have the free version and was trying to buy the pro version when I figured it out. Just don't understand their way of thinking at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh