Apple's keyboard still the best

chrisr560

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Really? It works for me.

When I downloaded swiftkey i deleted the apple keyboard. I was left with swiftkey and the emoji keyboard which is how I wanted it but noticed that when I used quick reply the only keyboard that would pop up was the emoji. I would press the globe icon and nothing happened. I had to add the apple English keyboard for it to work again.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
When I downloaded swiftkey i deleted the apple keyboard. I was left with swiftkey and the emoji keyboard which is how I wanted it but noticed that when I used quick reply the only keyboard that would pop up was the emoji. I would press the globe icon and nothing happened. I had to add the apple English keyboard for it to work again.

That's really weird. Quick reply works for me, but there are other bugs that annoy me. Hope they throw out an update soon.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
The apple keyboard is OK but it's not learning at a fast enough pace. I enter a lot of repeat text in my banking app and eBay and the predictive boxes take two to three letters to show up I want to use them more but come on learn to read my Brain

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I like what I've seen so far in the SwiftKey keyboard(s) EXCEPT that total access nonsense, I'm not at all comfortable will that, so I'm using the Apple iOS8 keyboard which isn't bad at all...and a lot better than the previous iOS keyboard(s)....IMHO.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I like what I've seen so far in the SwiftKey keyboard(s) EXCEPT that total access nonsense, I'm not at all comfortable will that, so I'm using the Apple iOS8 keyboard which isn't bad at all...and a lot better than the previous iOS keyboard(s)....IMHO.

I think there needs to be a few more updates and then the 3rd party keyboards like the Swype and Swiftkey keyboards will be good. The voice to text and the emoticon issues should be fixed soon. When they are, I will go back to the Swype keyboard.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I like swiftkey but it's too much of a pain not having the voice to text option. Hopefully it will soon. When it does, I'll use that exclusively

I think there needs to be a few more updates and then the 3rd party keyboards like the Swype and Swiftkey keyboards will be good. The voice to text and the emoticon issues should be fixed soon. When they are, I will go back to the Swype keyboard.

From what I've read, third-party keyboards are not allowed to use the dictation features of iOS at all, which is a deal-breaker for me. I use dictation way too much to give it up (and am not really interested in switching between keyboards just to access that feature).

It's too bad, because there are a few keyboards that have a feature I used to jailbreak for and would love to be using on stock iOS: the ability to move the cursor just by swiping the screen, instead of having to use the magnifying glass. But in the end the dictation is more important for me.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
If that's true, then that really is unfortunate. I guess I won't be using those keyboards. What would be the point?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Apple will leave us a security concern. We'll see after it gets straightened out.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

PeltFrelken

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I love Apple products and iOS, but the stock keyboard is so bad. The auto-correct before iOS8 was haphazard.

Even the new text prediction on iOS8 is pretty weak. And the punctuation page makes no sense at all.

The placement of the !@#$%^&*() should be in the same order on the punctuation keyboard as the normal keyboard. Is it that hard to figure out?

Why is the @ symbol on the far right? It's above the 2 key on a normal keyboard. Why is the period on the left hand side of the punctuation keyboard when the period is on the right in normal QWERTY mode? The # key is on the alternate punctuation keyboard, even though it's a key we use all the time now.

I don't know, this just doesn't make sense to me.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that the third party and physical keyboards are problematic in some situations and not just when trying to reply to action notifications. When I'm typing in the Tapatalk app, the keyboards work fine in the reply, but when I quote something, for some reason I can type off the input box and then I can't see what I'm typing.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I’m good with the stock Apple keyboard. And dictation. I tried a couple of the more popular keyboards, and honestly, I don’t get what all the buzz is about.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro