I am happy with the new keyboard on IOS 8.
    The new keyboard is good. The Apple keyboard is still the most accurate keyboard
    I have every used.
    09-23-2014 05:01 PM
    I like what I've seen so far in the SwiftKey keyboard(s) EXCEPT that total access nonsense, I'm not at all comfortable will that, so I'm using the Apple iOS8 keyboard which isn't bad at all...and a lot better than the previous iOS keyboard(s)....IMHO.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-23-2014 10:41 PM
    lol. iOS keyboard
    09-23-2014 10:51 PM
    I like what I've seen so far in the SwiftKey keyboard(s) EXCEPT that total access nonsense, I'm not at all comfortable will that, so I'm using the Apple iOS8 keyboard which isn't bad at all...and a lot better than the previous iOS keyboard(s)....IMHO.
    I think there needs to be a few more updates and then the 3rd party keyboards like the Swype and Swiftkey keyboards will be good. The voice to text and the emoticon issues should be fixed soon. When they are, I will go back to the Swype keyboard.

Sent from my iPad Air. Best tablet on the planet.
    09-23-2014 11:34 PM
    I like swiftkey but it's too much of a pain not having the voice to text option. Hopefully it will soon. When it does, I'll use that exclusively
    I think there needs to be a few more updates and then the 3rd party keyboards like the Swype and Swiftkey keyboards will be good. The voice to text and the emoticon issues should be fixed soon. When they are, I will go back to the Swype keyboard.
    From what I've read, third-party keyboards are not allowed to use the dictation features of iOS at all, which is a deal-breaker for me. I use dictation way too much to give it up (and am not really interested in switching between keyboards just to access that feature).

It's too bad, because there are a few keyboards that have a feature I used to jailbreak for and would love to be using on stock iOS: the ability to move the cursor just by swiping the screen, instead of having to use the magnifying glass. But in the end the dictation is more important for me.
    09-23-2014 11:42 PM
    If that's true, then that really is unfortunate. I guess I won't be using those keyboards. What would be the point?

09-23-2014 11:43 PM
    Is there a way to force the dark keyboard throughout the system?
    09-25-2014 01:30 PM
    Maybe if you jailbreak or something.

09-25-2014 06:05 PM
    I don't think Apple will leave us a security concern. We'll see after it gets straightened out.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    09-25-2014 06:21 PM
    I use dictation way too much to give it up (and am not really interested in switching between keyboards just to access that feature).
    Agreed, this has become my go to when I'm not in public. I'm even using it right now!
    09-26-2014 12:23 AM
    Maybe if you jailbreak or something.

Yeah, kinda figured. Oh well
    09-26-2014 01:19 AM
    I love Apple products and iOS, but the stock keyboard is so bad. The auto-correct before iOS8 was haphazard.

Even the new text prediction on iOS8 is pretty weak. And the punctuation page makes no sense at all.

The placement of the !@#$%^&*() should be in the same order on the punctuation keyboard as the normal keyboard. Is it that hard to figure out?

Why is the @ symbol on the far right? It's above the 2 key on a normal keyboard. Why is the period on the left hand side of the punctuation keyboard when the period is on the right in normal QWERTY mode? The # key is on the alternate punctuation keyboard, even though it's a key we use all the time now.

I don't know, this just doesn't make sense to me.
    09-26-2014 01:36 AM
    I have noticed that the third party and physical keyboards are problematic in some situations and not just when trying to reply to action notifications. When I'm typing in the Tapatalk app, the keyboards work fine in the reply, but when I quote something, for some reason I can type off the input box and then I can't see what I'm typing.

10-04-2014 10:49 PM
    Swiftkey not working quick reply
    10-31-2014 10:06 AM
    I’m good with the stock Apple keyboard. And dictation. I tried a couple of the more popular keyboards, and honestly, I don’t get what all the buzz is about.
    10-31-2014 10:08 AM
    i also like the stock one the best.
    i tried a lot of 3rd party keyboards, like one handed keyboard, minuum, swype,..
    and they may look fancy and stuff, but they're buggy and laggy and if you change to emojis you change the whole look and it feels like they're draining battery.

BUT... i have to say i'm using 2 jailbreak tweaks, bloard (to give it a darker look) and handykey.
    11-11-2014 05:30 AM
    I don't like the iPhone stock keyboard. The letters on the keyboard don't change when you switch to upper case, there are no number options on top row, the # symbol is two levels in and there is no swipe. The problem I have found with the 3rd party keyboards I have tried is when I go into certain apps that use a keypad I have to switch keyboards. It would be nice if Apple created their own alternate stock keyboard, maybe even a couple of styles.
    11-20-2014 04:46 PM
    Has anyone found a keyboard that resembles the iPad keyboard when switched to landscape mode? That would be a lifesaver for me to type with.

Nervermind, I didn't notice the SwiftKey keyboard did. Very glad I installed it again.
    Last edited by SprSynJn; 11-23-2014 at 11:49 PM.
    11-22-2014 09:50 AM
    I don't like the iPhone stock keyboard. The letters on the keyboard don't change when you switch to upper case, there are no number options on top row, the # symbol is two levels in and there is no swipe. The problem I have found with the 3rd party keyboards I have tried is when I go into certain apps that use a keypad I have to switch keyboards. It would be nice if Apple created their own alternate stock keyboard, maybe even a couple of styles.
    The reason the keyboard reverts back to the stock keyboard in certain apps is due to a security setting on Apples side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-22-2014 10:36 AM
    I'm using the SwiftKey keyboard and like it. It offers both predictive and Swype style. Yeah, it is more efficient. It does take a bit of practice though.
    Attachment 65201

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    I love Swiftkey. It bugs me how it still doesn't have any sound feedback when pressing a key. Until then , I'm sticking with the stock keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone 6
    11-26-2014 06:58 AM
    I love Swiftkey. It bugs me how it still doesn't have any sound feedback when pressing a key. Until then , I'm sticking with the stock keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone 6
    2 things I do like about SwiftKey. 1 is the dark theme. I have eye problems from surgery over the years. They're sensitive to certain things. I have trouble seeing the text in the predictive section of the stock keyboard. Secondly, I don't get the autocorrect mishaps with SwiftKey. Those really irked me in the stock keyboard. I don't mind no click sound effect. It is odd the 3rd party keyboards don't have it. Well, not any I have tried.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    11-26-2014 07:21 AM
    Want to like some of these third party keyboards but every one has that one small issue that makes me switch back to the default. I want a swype style keyboard that is the same size as default and had the option to turn off predictive text buttons- do these actually make you more efficient? I don't like them on the Apple keyboard either.
    The reason that developer don't want to hide predict because the limit of Apple API,
    we can't draw view outsize the keyboard, if hide predict, than you can't see the highlighted key when type.
    Predicts is very useful part help you type fast and it's not big compare with letter keys, I have no issue with it.
    Apple also don't permit developer use dictation, so we can't have microphone on keyboard too, please use globe key to switch back.
    Third-party keyboard for some other awesome features, like in our SwipeKeys, you can install, swipe and send calligraphic typeface.
    05-07-2015 10:42 AM
    I use dark theme in custom keyboard, you can design same as Apple dark then try it.
    Apple's keyboard still the best-thumb_img_0200_1024.jpg
    05-07-2015 10:47 AM
    Wanted honestly to go to Swiftkey. But it failed to show up in critical moments where I had to quickly type a message. That annoyed me so much I uninstalled it for time being. Stock keyboard does miss swipe writing but it does the job for me.
    06-30-2015 08:48 AM
    No. Blackberry 10 are the best keyboard ever 😄
    06-30-2015 07:21 PM
50 12