Can't view recent or missed calls with iOS 8?

hiphiphooye

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I haven't seen anything else online about this, and I tried to post to Apple's forums but it wouldn't let me for some reason...
I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 8 which I switched to two days ago.
Besides a few small bugs, there's one GLARING bug that I can't figure out how to fix.
Under my Phone app, it has a random number of notifications (something like 42947679823) under Recent but I can't view Missed or All calls... at all.
I've received/called about 10 times since the update and still I can't see anything at all and I definitely need to be able to see if someone has called me.
Thanks to anyone that can help...

juwaack68

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I also have a 5 with iOS 8 and am not having the same issue (just so you know it's not happening to all). I assume you have, but just in case, have you done a full power cycle?

hiphiphooye

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
A full power cycle as in let it run all the way down?
Funny thing, my phone hasn't done a full power cycle in probably six months because of battery issues...
I also can't restore it via my computer because I'm running Yosemite and it crashes iTunes if it discovers a phone in recovery mode...

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm running iOS 8 on my 5s. I'm not having any issues. Try rebooting your device. Hold down the power button and the home button together until you see the Apple logo then release both.

jbrown8808

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Were you able to resolve your issue? I just did the update and am having the same issue as well. I've been to the Apple store and no one there could help me!