The Verge rundown of 3rd party iOS8 keyboards

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I like Swiftkey, but all theirs-party keyboards are silent? Tried on my 5S and 6 Plus. I think this is a bug?

Anyone else having this issue?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm just going to stick to the stock keyboard. I thought I would like SwiftKey better but it basically performs the same function as the default keyboard now.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm switching back to the default predictive keyboard. SwiftKey did not work right in the App Store. When trying to review an app, I could not see the text field. A few issues in other apps too. Just glad I didn't pay for it. I figure they will get the bugs out soon.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm just going to stick to the stock keyboard. I thought I would like SwiftKey better but it basically performs the same function as the default keyboard now.

The only thing I like about Swiftkey over the stock keyboard is the dark theme. However, Swiftkey doesn't have the speech function that the stock keyboard has and as I constantly use that, my choice was pretty cut and dried, stock keyboard for me.

I was one of the most excited people for Swiftkey to come to iOS too as it has been my Android keyboard of choice for many years.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I like about Swiftkey over the stock keyboard is the dark theme. However, Swiftkey doesn't have the speech function that the stock keyboard has and as I constantly use that, my choice was pretty cut and dried, stock keyboard for me.

I was one of the most excited people for Swiftkey to come to iOS too as it has been my Android keyboard of choice for many years.
You can quickly switch keyboards using the app Launcher. Select "app launcher" and tap on the settings app. Then choose "Keyboard" as one option. Works great in the Notification Center. Here's mine:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411340452.676922.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

No way. Not after a while of using it. The way it predicts and learns your habits is very different than stock. Oh and the cloud integration is great too.

ಠ益ಠ

MrMike6by9

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I was initially frustrated by losing my shortcuts created under 7.x but I've quickly adapted to the functionality of SwiftKey especially as it learns my preferences.
YMMV

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I was digging Fleksy, but determined that all third party keyboards have an odd issue. There is a website I visit that you can type in letters and it will start searching for the items you are looking for. Only the default keyboard works on this site. The rest don't trigger that smart search feature. Odd.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77