Confusion Over Storing Photos on iCloud

rod97301

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Now that I have installed ios8, it's unclear how photo storage works. I thought ios8 was going to bring photo and video storage integration and syncing across devices. This evening I installed ios8 on both my iPhone and iPad and there's no syncing of the albums between the two. I also can't see videos that I've taken on my iPhone from my iPad. Perhaps I'm missing something - if there's a good comprehensive guide on photo management for the new ios8 please post links... Thanks!

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I thought so too. This was one of the features was looking forward to the most. I'm slightly disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I see all of my pics in my iPad just fine - in the photos tab. I miss the cloud folder BUT at least everything is still there.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

phutbwah

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have iOS 8 installed on my iPhone 5S and iPad Air and they are exchanging photos with each other. Their respective photo collections are as they were before the update. I have iCloud Drive enabled. I don't have photo streaming or iCloud photo sharing enabled, and judging by their description I shouldn't have to in order for my devices to sync with each other.

Something to be fixed hopefully in 8.0.1?

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So I'm keeping iOS 7 on my ihone 4s and I have iOS 8 on my iPad 4. With this setup, will the two share photos somehow? I've made no changes aside from updating to iOS 8 on the iPad.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73