Inconsistency in iOS 8 versions

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded iOS 8 for my mother's 5c. Siri worked well via voice command on the charger. Actionable notifications worked well on the lock screen with sms, imessage.

Problem is that when I downloaded it on my 5s, voice Siri dos not work even though I selected it to work in the settings. Also, on the lock screen, i get the option to X out a notification, but i cannot reply from that same lock screen. Anyone have an idea what gives here?

I looked at all setting line by line on both phones and everything is exactly the same. Only difference is that i updated here's OTA and mine i did through iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
eabe00771cd9debbe9c98ee93a28f54c.jpg

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issues on my 5s. I have to have my phone unlocked and on in order for hey siri to work

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So I downloaded iOS 8 for my mother's 5c. Siri worked well via voice command on the charger. Actionable notifications worked well on the lock screen with sms, imessage.

Problem is that when I downloaded it on my 5s, voice Siri dos not work even though I selected it to work in the settings. Also, on the lock screen, i get the option to X out a notification, but i cannot reply from that same lock screen. Anyone have an idea what gives here?

I looked at all setting line by line on both phones and everything is exactly the same. Only difference is that i updated here's OTA and mine i did through iTunes.

Did you update through iTunes or ota?

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I just did a hard reboot and now it works. Actionable notifications still doesn't work from the lock screen tho