Battery Life

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I Just downloaded IOS 8 OTA. It updated fine with no issues. Im just concerned about the battery life. I see its been decreasing much fast faster than usual... Whats going on here? Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Also im in a iMessage group and sometimes it shows text message only, Like now it shows Text rather than iMessage? Its on and everything as I've been imessaging and texts people as well .

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Same battery life on iPad and iPhone. Of course, it did drain down much more then normal today because i couldn't get my hands off and stop playing with it.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I Just downloaded IOS 8 OTA. It updated fine with no issues. Im just concerned about the battery life. I see its been decreasing much fast faster than usual... Whats going on here? Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Also im in a iMessage group and sometimes it shows text message only, Like now it shows Text rather than iMessage? Its on and everything as I've been imessaging and texts people as well .

I seem to be having the same issue with battery life right now. It's draining very quickly without me doing much of anything on my phone. I'm hoping that after I charge it tonight the battery will be back to normal. *fingers crossed*

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
On my iTouch, it's actually way better. I'm in the process of updating my iPad Air, right now so I will see about that later.

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It's probably indexing the files on the phone, so once that's over (a few hours), you should be back to 7.1.2 battery life.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
After going thru two full battery cycles I can report an increase in battery life between iOS 7.1.2 and iOS 8 by a small margin but noticeable

i5s

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes my battery is better now or the same. I have question regarding the imessage group im in it says text message instead of imessage? What's going on?

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to keep an eye on mine, as I was thinking it was worse for me to. Hardly used it today, and had a full charge at 7am. Now at 78%.

Pete Sake

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
always a good idea to power your phone off and then back on after an OS update. I'm running the iOS8 GM and I have a much improved battery life on my 5S.

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time I've ever commented on battery life, as usually it seems like a red herring. But I seem to be dropping 2% every few minutes. Now I'm at 76%... :)

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I completed the update on my iPad Air, and my battery life has improved too, just as it did on my iTouch 5th gen. So far I'm really enjoying IOS8.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2