How do you like it? (New to IOS)

AB Lambert

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
All,

I am new to IOS and can't for some kind of reference manual(How to) for IOS 8. What I do get is outlines of what is new to IOS. I am unable to find anything on how to use (features and all) IOS 8 for beginners. When I look for IOS 7 I get outlines of differences from IOS 6.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
A.B.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I got so burnt by IOS7 that I decided to only upgrade my iTouch at first. And so far, I am very pleasantly surprised. I like it a lot and I will upgrade my iPad Air.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
There's an app that says tips open and look trough there, theres a link that says learn more about ios 8.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes iOS 8 came with a Tips app as well as going to the iMore blog there posting by the hour about the iOS 8 features

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
All,

I am new to IOS and can't for some kind of reference manual(How to) for IOS 8. What I do get is outlines of what is new to IOS. I am unable to find anything on how to use (features and all) IOS 8 for beginners. When I look for IOS 7 I get outlines of differences from IOS 6.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
A.B.

Apple published this iOS 8 guide today in iBooks:

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id917482340?mt=11&at=10l3Vy]View In iTunes[/URL]

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
WHOAHHHHH I decided to update my iPad Air now instead of tomorrow and it says "time remaining: 6 hours" :cant-watch:

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So I'm stuck in one of those screamingly boring meetings, I'm playing on my iTouch 5th gen on IOS8 and loving it. ?ber fast and the battery life is awesome. I love this!!! 😍

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed a bump in battery life as well. Hopefully it's not a temporary thing.

LOL at the ios predictive text lines, when I wrote "temporary" it predicted "restraining order" - something I've NEVER typed. Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0 while impatiently waiting for my 6+ using Tapatalk

thatotherdude24

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It does bug me how apple added 4 more auto install apps you can't delete. IPhones don't have carrier bloatware like android does but they're starting to get apple bloatware

Sent from my Bamboo and Orange Moto X

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
It does bug me how apple added 4 more auto install apps you can't delete. IPhones don't have carrier bloatware like android does but they're starting to get apple bloatware

Sent from my Bamboo and Orange Moto X

Just stick them in a folder with the others. Not much you can do with them if you don’t want to use them.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I gotta admit, there are some really nice new features, but the OS feels pretty much the same (which is not a complaint, believe me, I was totally satisfied with iOS 7). I'm a little surprised at how many settings were reset when iOS 8 finally installed though...things you'd normally need to turn off if you WANTED it off were set to off by default (OS transparency for instance).

blueszz

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I gotta admit, there are some really nice new features, but the OS feels pretty much the same (which is not a complaint, believe me, I was totally satisfied with iOS 7). I'm a little surprised at how many settings were reset when iOS 8 finally installed though...things you'd normally need to turn off if you WANTED it off were set to off by default (OS transparency for instance).
I second that plus apps like iBooks I won't use that feel as bloat wear to me. I come from Android and boat wear really annoyed me on some devices.
I only have a 8gb phone and was not amused to see I missed about 700mb after installing IOS 8, but did a clean install later (setup as new) and restored my backup and I gained some space.

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
i like it ok so far, i'm really peeved that they removed raise to speak for siri so i won't be using siri anymore unless they bring it back but other than that it's pretty good so far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR