Disable recently deleted pictures option?

theycallmejay

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Anyone notice that there's a new feature that keeps recently deleted pics until you delete them again?

Any way to disable this as I find it quite annoying?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have not seen that. You delete a photo from your camera roll, and it goes somewhere until you delete it again? Never heard of that. Hmm. If you delete a photo from an album, it remains on the camera roll. Could that be what is happening?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree with ledsteplin, that's the only thing that makes sense to me. You have to keep in mind that creating "albums" or "folders" just makes a copy or is a way to organise your pics so they are easier to reach, the pics are not actually moved to those albums, so when you erase one, the pics are just where they have always been, the camera roll (or photo stream if you have it enabled).

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yep, iOS 8 feature. It's not that big a deal once you get used to it. If I delete something I always just go to that folder as well and see if there is anything I still don't want. I kinda like it, there have been a few times I've accidentally deleted a photo and didn't realize it was my only copy, and couldn't undo. This is just a safety net.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen