Is iCloud Drive accessible through iOS 8 gm?

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I currently have iOS 8 GM installed on my iPhone 5, however there is still no sign of how to access iCloud Drive. Am I missing something or did Apple just not flip the switch yet?

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks that cleared it up, I knew that it wasn't an app. I thought that since iOS 8 GM was available iCloud would automatically work. Didn't realize there were beta versions of iWork available as well.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
iCloud Drive isn't an app. It's something that other apps can use an API to access. And there aren't any iOS 8 apps available yet. Apple does have beta versions of their iWork apps for registered devs that use iCloud Drive. They can be downloaded from the developers portal.

There is going to be an iCloud drive within iOS 8 actually, at least that's what they promised back in June. So we would be able to load images into folders we create in iCloud application just like we do with drop box, wether on the Mac iPad or iPhone. Maybe iCloud is still not ready for welcoming the million of people who will over load thing on it and that could be the reasons why it's still missing on the GM version. Waiting till iOS 8 is release for public to figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
In settings>iCloud I have an on/off toggle. I have not "upgraded" to iCloud Drive because I'm on windows and that would mess up my photostream I assume. Once there's a web interface accessible from a pc then I'll switch.

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, just curious but iOS 8 is officially out and multiple apps have been updated to support iOS 8, however I am still unable to pull-up the iCloud Drive document picker, has anyone been able to actually able to use iCloud Drive? What am I missing. I wish  would would have made iCloud Drive an actual app instead of only accessing inside an app. Anyone been able to access document picker?

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
The app "printer pro" is the only app I've came across that uses the iCloud Drive document picker thus far. Anyone else know of an app that uses iCloud Drive document picker?

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Pages for iOS 8 got the update to support iCloud Drive but I have still yet to pull up the document picker for pages. I have plenty of third party apps that have the picker but not even apples own pages app?