What do you think of iMessage

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Use it all the time & love it BUT:
They gotta fix the syncing between devices. Also between Macs.
I'm tried of having to delete iMessages on each one. Not all the time but enough to make it a bit annoying.
Still live it.
Good Luck

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
iMessage is one of the biggest reasons I haven't pressed on towards an Android or Windows phone, yet!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Me too. It is all about ecosystem and the social aspect of it. My daughter sends me text messages from her iPad to my phone all the time. Everyday to be exact. Switching to another platform would mean that we would have to find an alternative that is just as intuitive for her for texting and video chatting and even FaceTime audio which can be used as wifi calling. That is really key because she has a wifi only iPad. So that is preventing me from wanting to switch to another platform at the moment.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I use iMessage often. Half my family have iOS and the other half will be iOS soon. lol. As i use mac mini for work it is great as I can access and reply messages through my mac mini.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, iMessage might be the most important iOS feature for me. I have many group messages ongoing and they are seamless. All of my friends in my groups have iPhones so it is even better. I could never get group messaging to work like iMessage while on android no matter what messaging app I used. I also love that I can type long messages that don't break apart after 160 characters, I love sending videos that won't buffer out and distort. I text a LOT, and iMessage is vital in my day-to-day.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
it makes no difference. It's turned on yes. But I just "send a text." I don't care what pipleline it goes through. It get's delivered either way. NOBODY i've ever met in real life has ever said the words iMessage to me. They "text" me. It goes through the text app. And everyone pretty much has unlimited texting so they don't need any special services. Other people that need to text between countries i'm sure it's some sort of big deal. For me, i only know it's being used cause i see the blue. Other than that it's not even a thought. I don't know what phones most of my friends have. We don't hang around talking about phone brands. I have Whatsapp installed. I've never gotten a message on it. I had text messages before iphone and if i wanted to send a message i typed it and hit send. Now i have an iphone and i type the message and hit send. There's no change for me. I'm doing the same thing. It's not my concerned whether it goes by regular text or imessage. So for me, it's not a big deal. It's fine. i have it turned on. I know what it is but i don't care about it.

losino

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I like the features that it has. Like bein able to send video and gifs. Also getting deliver confirmation is cool. iMessage seems more capable than regular text messaging but out of the people I do send text messages to, is about 50/50 out of who has iphone and who doesn't. So it's whatever to me. As long as they can get my messages.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have loved iMessage since day one. Even with the time stamp issues being able to text from my phone, iPad or Mac was awesome. Almost all of my friends are on iOS so it wasn't a huge deal. Now with continuity I can text my green bubble friends as well, it is just about perfect.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I use it because it's there. I find it to be less reliable than texting or unfortunately other "message" apps like WhatsApp and *ack* Facebook Messenger. Tonight was an example. For some reason, the iMessage from a family member didn't hit my iPhone or iPad, and it wasn't until I opened my MBP that I saw it there. (It still hasn't appeared on the iPhone or iPad.) All the devices are setup to receive using the same emails addresses and phone number, so I don't know what the deal is. Also, I've noticed lately when traveling that after getting off the plane, it is inevitable that my first attempt at iMessage will fail. Doesn't matter if it's 3 minutes or 3 hours after turning off airplane mode. I can surf, email, etc., so it's not a data connection issue. It's just the way it's been for the past couple months. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I love it! My girlfriend back in England has my old 5S and I have my iPhone 6 here in the USA and we can chat easily and quickly without it costing either of us a penny. Coupled with FaceTime, it means I can see the love of my life every day. It was the sole reason I gave her my 5S in the first place, otherwise, I would have kept it and brought it out here with me to use (it's unlocked, my 6 currently isn't until March 19).

Most of my contacts out here also have iPhones too, so for me, iMessage is just brilliant.

John105

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I like it,
Work great when use on Mac OS, iPhone and iPad.
Image, custom fonts, and sound record work well.
It's simple an extra SMS and not cost time like other chat app.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I posted here in Aug 2014 about deleting iMessages from all devices.
I just don't understand why we have to delete the same message from the iPhone, iPad and MacBook Air.
The is the only thing that bothers me.
Regardless, iMessage is indispensable for me.
Good Luck

LMP_IOS

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Regardless of what iMessage can and can't do you are still getting a free method of communicating with anybody who has an IOS device or Later Mac device. I know some people think why not use texts especially as you get so many on phone contracts now but in my case most of my family and friend have IOS devices so if it wasn't for work paying for my contract I would negotiate a low text contract.

It is also great in the way that you can include images/audio/video and all for free.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of what iMessage can and can't do you are still getting a free method of communicating with anybody who has an IOS device or Later Mac device. I know some people think why not use texts especially as you get so many on phone contracts now but in my case most of my family and friend have IOS devices so if it wasn't for work paying for my contract I would negotiate a low text contract.

It is also great in the way that you can include images/audio/video and all for free.

Well stated.....:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh