iOS 7 devices not connecting to WiFI

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been having this issue for a very long time now (in fact, I faced it on the day I purchased my iPhone 5S too). On all of my iOS 7 devices (and 7.1.x for that matter), including my iPhone 5S, my brother's iPhone 4S, my mom's iPad 2, and her iPad Mini 1, all have this problem. They randomly, and simultaneously, stop connecting to the internet, and no web pages or any other internet service loads. If I try to disconnect and reconnect the WiFi, it just shows the spinning loading circle and nothing more, for hours on end without connecting.This problem tends to solve itself after a while, which can range anywhere between 5 minutes and 5 hours. This problem is in fact unique to my iOS 7-7.1.2 devices, since my old iPod Touch 4G doesn't have this issue, and my laptop doesn't have this issue.

I'll mention any solutions I've tried that failed. Rebooting iPhone does not help at all. Resetting Network Settings doesn't do anything. Restoring the phone and setting up as new works only some times, and there's really no way to tell if the Restore actually fixed it, or it just fixed itself with time as mentioned above. Rebooting the router, or switching the channel on which it operates (both of which were suggestions made by the Customer Service from my ISP) doesn't help either. I only have this issue on my home WiFi, and no other WiFi at all.

If someone thinks this could be a possible side-effect of my jailbreak or some tweak from it, I have been having this issue right from day 1, with all iterations of stock and jailbroken iOS, and my mom's iPad's have never been jailbroken at all.

Please tell me there's someone who can help here, because the problem is killing me.

AAA1337

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
If it's only on your home wifi network, have you tried a different router at home?

Since a replacement costs money, I didn't want to try that out until I was absolutely sure the problem was caused by my router.

For now, for some reason, using a Static connection instead of DHCP seems to fix the issue. I'm not entirely sure if the fix is permanent, so if it breaks again, I might see if replacing the router helps at all.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Since a replacement costs money, I didn't want to try that out until I was absolutely sure the problem was caused by my router.

For now, for some reason, using a Static connection instead of DHCP seems to fix the issue. I'm not entirely sure if the fix is permanent, so if it breaks again, I might see if replacing the router helps at all.

Ok, I'm glad you've found a fix for now at least! Hopefully it's a permanent fix!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Make sure you have the latest firmware on your router. Sometimes that can be as good or better than buying a new router.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods