When you first get an iOS device do you have to sync everything to iCloud or iTunes?

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
When you first get an iOS device do you have to sync everything to iCloud or iTunes? I am wondering because while I would consider getting an iPhone, I really don't want all my data synced to iTunes/iCloud as it will then be another service I have to keep track of.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
iOS Devices Question

Nope. You choose to. I love iTunes for backups. For pics and docs I use onedrive.

Where iCloud comes in is a device restore due to a loss or damaged phone. Sign in and restore and you're back to your device.

Last edited:

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: iOS Devices Question

Nope. You choose to. I love iTunes for backups. For pics and docs I use onedrive.

Where iCloud comes in is a device restore due to a loss or damaged phone. Sign in and restore and you're back to your device.

Don't need to restore, as I never do backups.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Another question, when you first turn on a fresh Apple device, are you immediately prompted to sign up for an iTunes account?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Another question, when you first turn on a fresh Apple device, are you immediately prompted to sign up for an iTunes account?

It may allow you to skip it initially but I believe you'll be prompted to sign in or sign up for an iTunes account if you attempt to download an application

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Correct. I set up our iPhones for work and set them up by skipping the create or sign into iTunes. But to download anything you need an account.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Correct. I set up our iPhones for work and set them up by skipping the create or sign into iTunes. But to download anything you need an account.

Ok, I can see having an account for apps. Thanks a lot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711