Trying to Jailbreak my 3GS (iOS 6.1.6) without a power button... help

Nexevious

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
So I'm trying to jailbreak this thing so that I could unlock it afterwards. Although, the power button is broken. I've been trying for hours and I have no luck. I can put it in DFU mode with redsn0w, but it just got stuck on the 'Downloading jailbreak essentials' (or something like that). I clicked to install iPad baseband (with a YouTube video) and it seemed to have worked. It is currently on DFU mode, but something happened, it was on the New Bootrom before the jailbreak attempt, but when its connected, under redsn0w it says 'iPhone 3GS (DFU mode, Old BR)' did it work?

I am usually good at these things, but the lack of the power button and the fact that it is on 6.1.6 angers me. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Nexevious

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
ok well I don't know what happened. It said that it is still in DFU mode, so I try to boot it up since it is tethered, but now I have the White Screen of Death. I can't get out of it since my power button is broken... what do I do?

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If you can't get out of the white screen, I'd unplug it and let it power down. When it dies, plug it back in and start your progress again.

It sounds like you managed to get it on the old bootrom at some point. I'd have tried the boot at that point as well. See what happens with the recycled battery.

HankHowdy

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey,
So I'm trying to jailbreak this thing so that I could unlock it afterwards. Although, the power button is broken. I've been trying for hours and I have no luck. I can put it in DFU mode with redsn0w, but it just got stuck on the 'Downloading jailbreak essentials' (or something like that). I clicked to install iPad baseband (with a YouTube video) and it seemed to have worked. It is currently on DFU mode, but something happened, it was on the New Bootrom before the jailbreak attempt, but when its connected, under redsn0w it says 'iPhone 3GS (DFU mode, Old BR)' did it work?

I am usually good at these things, but the lack of the power button and the fact that it is on 6.1.6 angers me. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I have a 3GS with a bad lock/sleep button. I connected it to iTunes and hit the restore button. It installed 6.1.6. Then I used posixnw I think that's how you spell it, jail break took fine. I had no need to use the lock/sleep button though the entire process.

Then I installed activator to simulate the lock button with a gesture. Install ncsettings too so you can power down and reboot from the notification center.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR